Megadeth
Metallica
Aerosmith
The Beatles
Allman Brothers
Lynrd Skynrd (sp?)
Other (name)

Gen. Volkov

Well? These are the real bands one should be choosing from, what do you think?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Alazar is Back

i will agree with you there :-D the old stuff is awesome, im gonna have to go with mettalicca because i like them the best but it was really hard to choose....the eighties were a special decade!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Gen. Volkov

Actually most of those bands are from before the 80's, but I get your point. Too me, not alot of good music was made after about 1991.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Alazar is Back

no there has been tones of good music created after 91' but that was just way better than all other decades in music in my opinion thats when kids starting rebeling and doing drugs and listening,talking, and living music 24/7!!! :-D

Gen. Volkov

That's your opinion, I have mine. But the 80's are certainly not when kids "started rebelling, doing drugs, listening, talking, and living music 24/7". Kids have always been doing those things. And in fact, Led Zeppelin's best stuff was all done in the 70's. AC/DC was started in the 70's, as was Black Sabbath. Of all the bands I listed, I think only Metallica and Megadeth were actually started in the 80's. Early 80's at that. But regardless, yes, alot of good stuff was made in the 80's.

Alazar is Back

yeah i know they started in the 70's and mettalica started in the late 70's too, i think in like 78' i know a ton of music and alot about it! i like just as many old songs as i do new! btw you ever watch that rockstar show you know rockstar:INXS and rockstar:Supernova???/

Gen. Volkov

Nope, never watched it.

Metallica was started in 1983. Their first big album, "Kill em All" was released later that year.

Alazar is Back

your right oops thought there first album was and justice for all... but i guess not and it was made in 88' 10 years of bah! :oops:

Gorak

of the bands listed, Megadeth!!!!

but, I voted other, cause right now, I'm stuck between Kalmah and Insomnium for favorite band

Quote from: Alazar is Back on January 10, 2007, 08:43:56 PM
no there has been tones of good music created after 91' but that was just way better than all other decades in music in my opinion thats when kids starting rebeling and doing drugs and listening,talking, and living music 24/7!!! :-D

wat!!!
80's!!!

man, the mid to late 50's is when the kids started to rebel, and drugs and listening to music 24/7, that pretty well sums up the 60's and 70's
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Alazar is Back

dude who the.....what the......what kind of music do you listen to?

Gen. Volkov

You're a death metal guy? Heh. Finnish Death Metal at that. Yeah, those two are alright.

The Lady Shael

Wow, I don't listen to any of the bands up there...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ashyra Nightwing

Led Zeppelin. 'No Quarter' just kills me every time. It's just... such a good song.

Gen. Volkov

Then vote other and name your favorite Shael. S'why it's there.

Alazar is Back

thats sad because these are like the rock roots in my opinion thats where it all started not the beatles.....and death metal.....i dont really get into that stuff, i only like like slipknot and stactic-x for metal bands