*laugh*

Started by Neobaron, October 15, 2006, 12:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

XD. So it's job horror stories is it? Ok, how about this: Being a telemarketer. I win. LOL. And what's worse, I was selling products that weren't exactly attractive, light bulbs and stuff. The hook was, they were made or packaged by handicapped people. But you know, that doesn't exactly seem like a selling point to me. Honestly, I'd rather have my products made by someone with an IQ above room temp. So what if a trained monkey can do the most of the jobs, there are still delicate parts that require a fair degree of skill in light bulb construction. I've had like 6 or 7 jobs in the last 4 years.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Gorak

I purposlily stayed away from telemarketing :-P
alot of my jobs sucked simply because of my employer or co-workers being absolute lance

one of my construction jobs, my first day, I was given a pick axe and a small spade shovel and told to dig a trench through concrete like gravel to expose (without damaging) some pipes, The trench was to be about 12' long, 3' wide and 4' deep and it was around 38 degrees out (about 100 F). Then I got screamed at cause it took me till lunch and that was way too long! I thought I did pretty good diggin that in 4 hours. The whole job was like military boot camp, given ridiculous tasks and stupid short amount of time to do it, the whole while, someone is looking over your shoulder screaming at you about how useless you are.
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Gen. Volkov

LOL. I've had jobs like that. I worked in a kennel for awhile, and my boss was evil. Also didn't even pay me minimum wage, which was illegal. I wasn't exactly sad to leave that place. I actually go fired, not because I did anything wrong, but because the boss didn't like me.  I was late a couple times at my next job, fired again, on christmas no less. Didn't get fired again for awhile until I became a telemarketer, and that was because my sales volume wasn't high enough. Bastards. But most of my jobs I have either quit or were temporary, except for one where I just stopped getting hours, and another where I was essentially in business for myself. I hate work and fully intend to do something that lets me get away with doing as little as I possibly can, or doing something I love, so that it doesn't seem like work.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Gorak

personally, I like labour jobs, I put on weight very easily and quickly and need my exercise, lol
but yeah, the majority of my jobs were seasonal, I've been fired twice (first time, no reason was givin, second time I was driving for Loomis and had my drivers liscense suspended for speeding)
rest I quit, usually to start what I thought would be a better job

oh, I almost forgot, when I was a kid, I got fired from a volunteer job with the SPCA for letting a cat that I was grooming (and apparently wasn't supposed to be) escape

Gen. Volkov

LOL. You got fired from being a volunteer. That's a good one. I'm not a fan of labour jobs, though I have done my share.

Gorak

well, can add another one. I just got fired today :-o

Gen. Volkov