A quick thank you

Started by Peace Alliance, October 06, 2006, 12:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

A quick thank you to snare and fang for showing me how crazy out of control the mercinary adjustments i made can make the game. I will be MUCH more carefull in the future.

Yes, i am fixing the mercinary adjustments right now to be not so profitable. (400% net gains? omg!)

Wolf Snare

pfft this is nothing, yet. boo.   :|
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ruddertail

Meh, yeah. From the way it looked, you were doubling net daily... :P 1.4 bil net today, it would have been...
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Duskslash Mercenaries

PREACH IT BROTHA!!! :-o :-o :-o ALMOST 700MIL NETWORTH WITH NO LAND OR FOOD?!?!?!

And since the networth is made of troops, the bigger it gets the more impossible it is to touch...

darn you, Redan...

Ruddertail

Shrug. It was a troop loop, apparently. One could buy for less then the other could sell, so they didn't need to bother making runs. They just sent troops and cash back and forth.

Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

White Fang

Yeah, and we only did it for, like, one day or so (Snare dissapeared after that). Can you imagine what our net would be if we'd done it for a week...or longer?

Gen. Volkov

I did the same thing when FAF got switched over to the new system but forgot to change something, and I could buy their skiff equivalent for way less than I could sell it. I got thanked for discovering it, but the net I got was taken away, you should do the same here.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ruddertail

Yeah... at least blow about 2/3 - 3/4s of it away...

Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

Peace Alliance

Can't think of a way to fairly take away the NW. It's our own fault for testing out new idea's on the real game server.

windhound

that would be my thought sticker
it was a legit strat, not exploiting a glitch
*shrug*
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ruddertail

But an unintentional legit strat. Therefore, it should be corrected. If it were a glitch, they would be guilty of bug exploition. Here, they did nothing wrong, but it's still a problem that needs to be corrected...

Still, I guess leaving it is fine. Since it's Turbo, it won't offset game balance for months or even years, like Reg.
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

windhound

"But an unintentional legit strat. "

there.  you said it.  its not their fault the game let them do what they did, why penilize them for being smarter than anyone else?
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ruddertail

We're not penalizing them. Leave them with the net they could have accumulated over that time if this hadn't been there, and they won't suffer any loss for their intelligence. All they'll "loose" is what they shouldn't have been able to "gain" anyhow.

But, like I said, I'm cool with it. I'd be even more cool with it if I'd thought of it first, but... ;)
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

Wolf Snare

heheh. I asked Wolf Bite before ever doing this strat. and yes, it would have been unfailable in a week. Last time I ran this strat the end result was 15 billion net within a week. :)
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Then why was my net taken away in WoA wondy? The game let me do it, I was just smarter than anyone else. Because it WAS a glitch in the system. The same applies here, just because they did something wrong when they did the percents for the race doesn't mean he should just be able to keep what he got from exploiting it. When Josh found the glitch in Wildcat and got all that net, he was penalized, even though it was how the game was coded that let him do it. I don't see how this is any different. (Not that I think they should ban Snare or Fang, I just think the net should be taken away)
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES