Do you remember who was rank #1?

Started by The Lady Shael, October 03, 2006, 10:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you remember who ruled the game when you joined the game?

Yes! It was ___
16 (66.7%)
I'm pretty sure it was ___
3 (12.5%)
Kind of.
0 (0%)
I think I forgot.
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

The Lady Shael

Just another poll for us to participate in.

Stormy was definitely at the top when I joined...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ruddertail

There wasn't a ruler when I joined... Josh was trying to take things over. Back in January, it was...
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Wolf Snare

hahahaha. oh man. brings back memories. I think it was eitehr richard rahl or wolf bite in first, slayer reigning over reg. i was a noob and netted on land alone. hahah good times
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Stormy was in first when I first got here, then I left, came back, around the end of DEX. Don't remember who was on top then. Then ROME came along.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

Oh ROME. That was a fun time, for sure. Definitely one of those clan legends.

DI was another clan legend...anyone remember DI? Or EO? Both DI and EO actually had clan rules (something I haven't seen in clans for a while), and a mentor-apprentice system.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Scarwake

I remember both of those clans, <==}= had clan rules its just that with the decline in play we rarely ever enforced them.  Most of our rules were basic ones just stating to turn on shared forces and things like that.  But its been forever since my first time here and I can't remember who was the Emperor at the time.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

The Lady Shael

Yeah, DI's rules were pretty crazy...like "No warlord shall attack another warlord more than three times a day." and others dealing with honor. It made great role-playing and politics, and I think those kind of clans made the game appealing to some people.  It's sad that clans don't do anything even close to that anymore, people only care what the actual code allows them to do.

windhound

...Stormy!

codes like the one DI had only work if the player base works around them as well
DI was in a time that 4x attacks were alright, 5-7x pushing it, 8x+ was near a declaration of war
now 8x is fairly normal, even in reg..  heck, this round of turbo the first time I was attacked I was hit the full 21 times by one guy..

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ashyra Nightwing

Stormy.
I was twelve, I was rank 230-something and I was number 641.

Shael became Empress a couple of days after I joined, I think.

ROME? Hehe, good times. I worked out who you all were.

The Lady Shael

Hehe, Ashyra worked harder than I did...I figured out who everyone was too, but I had the IPs.  :wink:

Ashyra Nightwing

I made it to rank two once. I got smushed, but I could do it again...

...well, actually, I probably couldn't, but..

Gen. Volkov

I remember DI, I didn't know they had those elaborate rules though. Mebbe if I had stuck around longer the first time. Anyone remember RR? Not as much of a legend, but I'm pretty sure DI and them were always feuding. Yeah, ROME was fun, unless you weren't in it. LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

Heh, I remember the DI and RR feuds...they really started the first clan wars.

And then there was Winter, the peaceful clan, founded by Ad. "Peaceful" and "warlord" don't run in the same sentence anymore.

Wolf Snare

haha. I wish i knew what I was doing back when ROME took over, so I could atleast fight back and give them somewhat of a challenge.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

windhound

just as well you didnt  :wink:  Nero had a hard enough time keeping himself unbreakable (which I did for a good week)
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't