Marten

Started by Peace Alliance, September 29, 2006, 05:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

How do you think the Marten race should be set up?

QuoteI would like you to address these sort of questions:

-What should the racial spell be?
example, marten has Gold Mine which gets you more money

-What should the race bonuses be?
If you don't know what those are, here's a link to how they used to be set up: http://www.redwallwarlords.com/rwl.php?action=help&guide=races

-What should the races general stratagy(s) be?

-Any other idea's as to what to do with races?

Peace Alliance

Money makers! and effectively so. A lot of people wanted this race to be weakened. But i'm not very big on that idea, i'd rather strengthen the others.

your thoughts?

Gen. Volkov

I agree, strengthen the others, don't make Marten weaker. I do think you should take off the loyalty penalty though. Don't give it a plus, but take away the penalty. It's a leader race, it should get at least normal loyalty.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

I was under the impression that we didn't lesson their loyalty but we made gold-mine cost more loyalty... am i misinformed?

White Fang

Hmm...I think Marten should be left exactly the way it is.

Gen. Volkov

I dunno, you'd have to check the code, if that's so, it's fine with me. Marten should be left as is. If we make the other races powerful enough, we might even want to remove the diminishing returns function of goldmine as the NW increases. Just a thought.

[edit: From the look of Marten on the link, it seems to be set up for indying from the stats, but the goldmine spell makes it a perfect leader race, I think Retto was trying to help out indyer's with it, by giving them extra cash to play with. It's weird race, maybe all the stats should just be reworked to turn it into a better leader race]
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Peace Alliance

Yes, these topics are for stat changes too.

there is deminishing returns according to NW for all races on leader spells

Gen. Volkov

Oh, nvm then about diminishing returns.

White Fang

Personally, I like the way the Marten's stats are. At any rate, it keeps GoldMine from getting out of hand.

Ruddertail

Meh, keep it as it is. If it starts falling behind other races as they are made stronger, rework the stats to make it a better leader race (better loyalty production, etc.)
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Peace Alliance

Right now it is apparently only a -10% loyalty production.

i don't think making them get more loyalty would be a good way to boost them though, because their primary attribute is money making. A loyalty boost would make it so they can also make food and do leader attacks easier, where i think the only bonus should be to their money making (that is if we even need a boost)

Wolf Snare

well, the racial bonuses have been fiddled with and may or may not do what they say on the chart. me and neo figured this out after trying to do an old strategy and not getting nearly the right results. at any rate, marten is not much of an indy race, they sell made troops very low on the  BM, and can buy troops cheaper than most other races. if anything, I'd say restore it to how it was, or leave it as it is.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ruddertail

Yes, but higher loyalty production means they need to spend less turns making loyalty, and can spend more turns goldmining.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Peace Alliance

Yes, i know that, but if you made goldmine worth more, then it would mean you spend less turns mining because you get more money from fewer turns, right?

okey, let me make an example, this is hypathetical.

Right now, a marten has to spend 50 turns getting loyalty, then 10 turns gold-mining to make $5,000,000

Now if you wanted to boost marten, you boost how much gold mine makes.

now it takes 30 turns on loyalty, and 6 turns gold-mining to make $5,000,000

If we had buffed it by just making it so they get more loyalty, it would have worked out like this

now you spend 30 turns gaining loyalty and 10 turns gold-mining to get $5,000,000.

Whats the downside you ask? well this also makes it so they can spend fewer turns getting the loyalty they need to mass FOOD, or to mass attack someone, or anything like that, right? Well, martens aren't meant to be food produces, they are money produces. If you want to produce food, you should pick wolf right? It wouldn't be fair to boost martens ability to make food because that's not it's point...

i hope i'm being clear, lol, its 3 am here.

White Fang

Exactly, Peace; that's why I think we should leave Marten's stats as they are.