Started by Deathclaw, July 01, 2006, 05:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

do you like screamo

yes
no
what is it

Deathclaw

So screamo is definitely amazing.

Bands such as underoath, senses fail, etc.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Peace Alliance

Deathclaw

a big yes. i used to not like it but now i do. it grew on ,me lol

TR Shadow

My brother listens to what he calls "Christian screamo."  I'll be trying to listen to The Who or They Might Be Giants or The Talking Heads and he'll have his "Christian screamo" turned up to full blast.  I'll tell him to shut it off and he's always like "But it has a Christian message!"

Sounds to me like the "Christian message" is "don't slam your hand in a car door."

Deathclaw

Quote from: TR Shadow on July 17, 2006, 08:26:13 PM
My brother listens to what he calls "Christian screamo."? I'll be trying to listen to The Who or They Might Be Giants or The Talking Heads and he'll have his "Christian screamo" turned up to full blast.? I'll tell him to shut it off and he's always like "But it has a Christian message!"

Sounds to me like the "Christian message" is "don't slam your hand in a car door."

Christian screamo is bands like underOATH, Norma Jean, hopesfall, etc. Good stuff. And if you listen to them you can tell they put a Christian message in it without beating you over the head with it, so even though they are Christian bands, all types of people like them. And if you start listening to it you can interpret the scream, before I liked it I thought it was dumb but now I love it.

TR Shadow

Eh, I'm more into music that doesn't leave me with a throbbing headache.

Deathclaw

Quote from: TR Shadow on July 17, 2006, 08:40:50 PM
Eh, I'm more into music that doesn't leave me with a throbbing headache.

I just took to it, no headaches from it for me.

And of the bands you listed, I tried to listen to They Might Be Giants (free download on iTunes) but I disliked them mucho.

But my taste in music is somewhat wide ranging, from bands like underOATH, Senses Fail, Norma Jean, etc., to Taking Back Sunday, Hawthorne Heights, etc., to Athlete, James Blunt, etc.

And tons more bands.

TR Shadow

Yeah, TMBG isn't for everyone.  Especially if what you listened to was some of their "Here Comes the ABC's!" crap.

Gen. Volkov

They might be Giants rocks. It's actual MUSIC. And screamo... no. I hate emo. Emo makes me want to kill things. Screamo is emo but louder. I'll stick with my AC/DC thank you. If I want to hear loud music with vocals that are screamed, I'll listen to Judas priest. Because at least there's actual music there.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

TR Shadow

I am in love with the person above me.

Holby

Hawthorne Heights, eheheheh.
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

LOL. I can make people fall in love with me. Sweet. I'm gonna have to do that more often. Of course, that sentence probably caused them to fall out of love with me, but what can ya do?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Deathclaw

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on July 18, 2006, 12:16:27 PM
They might be Giants rocks. It's actual MUSIC. And screamo... no. I hate emo. Emo makes me want to kill things. Screamo is emo but louder. I'll stick with my AC/DC thank you. If I want to hear loud music with vocals that are screamed, I'll listen to Judas priest. Because at least there's actual music there.

The screamo I listen to has vocals. Listen to bands like underOATH, Senses Fail (who don't really scream much at all), Chasing Victory, etc. I prefer music to have a mix of vocals and scream. One band that I kind of like that screams the entire time is August Burns Red... but I still prefer bands like underOATH.

Ashyra Nightwing

A big no! Screamo's just another branch of emo, and emo... well,? need I say anything?? :-P

I like Refused, though. They don't count as 'screamo', though, really. There's more of a message (and good musicianship O_o) behind the words than the usual emo crap. Even though it is a crazy anarcho-communist message. XD

Christian screamo? Never heard of it.? :wink:

Gen. Volkov

It's still emo, and I hate emo.