2006-7 Ford Mustang
1 (14.3%)
2007 Chevrolet Camero
4 (57.1%)
2007 Dodge Challenger
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Gorak

with GM bringing back the Camero for '07 and Dodge bringing back the Challenger, the pony wars are back!

whats your vote?

2007 Chev Camero Z28

2007 Dodge Challenger RT

2006 Mustang GT

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Wolf Snare

challenger looks nice.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

VinnieOlle

Can someone define a "pony car", is it just muscle car?

artu

Gen. Volkov

None of the above. I prefer the Charger. That is, of the new cars that have come out. Really I wish they'd make the GTO again. That was a car right there.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

...mustang

prefer chevy products, but that camero is a tad on the ugly side = (

the 2009 however..  http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/naias_2006/0601_chevrolet_camaro_concept/

edit:  dodge is bad
I think I've heard they're turning around, but I have yet to meet a dodge owner who says they'll buy another
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Aqualis

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on June 04, 2006, 07:13:34 PM
None of the above. I prefer the Charger. That is, of the new cars that have come out. Really I wish they'd make the GTO again. That was a car right there.

They do make a GTO.

I'm glad they're bring the camaro back, but did they have to make it so dang ugly? My vote goes Challenger.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Gen. Volkov

Pontiac does? Well it's not THE GTO. I thought that they had made something else though, similar but not a GTO. Either way, the GTO I'm refering to is the '69 GTO. One of the coolest cars ever made. You know the car in Blade 3? That's a GTO.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Gorak

the new GTO is essentially a RWD Grandprix (old '96-'02 bodystyle) with a 400HP LS2 under the hood

and yeah, that is the worst pic of the camero I've seen. I acually doesn't look bad in any other colour, and I'd change out the cheap ugly plastic  grill aswell

and pony cars are not the same as muscle cars
muscle cars were all about high HP and straight line acceleration and were traditionally full size

Pony cars were smaller, went for handeling aswell as acceleration, and were basically about the lowest weight with the most power while being the cheapest

pony cars are essentially the muscle cars cheaper little brother

as for the new charger - Charger = muscle car, Challenger = pony car

VinnieOlle

QuotePony cars were smaller, went for handeling aswell as acceleration, and were basically about the lowest weight with the most power while being the cheapest

sounds exactly like a corvette (my favorite car(got a 78 corvette))
How come the new corvette isnt on here?

Gen. Volkov

Cause the new 'Vette is ugly. Also, it's a sports car, not a pony car.

As to pony's vs. Muscle.. I don't like pony cars. Besides, the Firebird isn't even on the list, and that was pontiac's version of the Camaro. Or maybe the Camaro was Chevy's version of the Firebird. Anyway, I like muscle cars more in general.

Gorak

so far, there are no plans to bring back the Firebird, thats why it's not on the list

if it was just ponycars in general, then there would be more, but this is for the NEW ponywars
which only has three entries so far (though some could argue the the new 350Z would qualify, but I disagree)

as for the GTO in Blade, it's been awhile since I watched that movie, so my memory is fuzzy, but I remember it being a '66 not a '69

'66 GTO

'69 GTO

and corvettes are one of my favs aswell, I've drive many high end sports and luxury cars 2-5 times the price of a vette and the vette paces and even exeeds them in all aspects.
I haven't driven a C6 yet so I'm basing this on the C5, but it rides like a Caddy, as comfortable as one too, handles like a BMW and accelerates like a Viper (I was driving a Z06) and the Tremec 6 speed had the smoothest shifter to ever grace my hand.

The only car I enjoyed driving nearily as much as the vettes was the Porshe Boxter S, but I liked the vette better and the vette was half the price

The BMW M3's were fun too, but they just weren't a very smooth car compared to the porsche or vette

Gen. Volkov

It may have been a '66. The back end doesn't look quite right on the '69. And I hadn't realized they had stopped making the Firebird. The C6 is slightly different in terms of handling and performance, but the outside has been totally redesigned.. it's way shorter and in my opinion uglier. And as for high end stuff.. I've driven/ridden in high end stuff as well. The Vette doesn't match a Lamborghini, Bricklyn, or a Ferrari. It barely matches the lower end Porsches, but the 911 blows it away. But my favorite car is still the Firebird my brother built. Took nearly a thousand pounds out of it, and dropped a 455 big block Olds engine in it. It blows everything away, except like really high end turbo and supercharged cars. Regularly pwns Vettes. Anyway, I do have to agree the Vette drives nice. It's a very fun car to drive.

windhound

the fastest car I've driven was my 1992 caddie  :-P
big V8 engine, and for a while it had a decent sized hole in the muffler..  I got some, erm, dirty looks driving 'er around.. 
her speedometer maxxed at 90 though..  think I pushed it to 95+ once, though I'll never know fast..

my granddad had that 1964.5 mustang for a little while, found it too rough though..
oh.  his caddie (2004) probably goes faster than mine, but I never had the oppurtunity to really press it..  northstar engine is quick..

oh.  and the firebird and camero are based on the same chassy and contain many of the same parts, but obviously the body is different..  so yeah, when they axed the camero it made sence that they'd axe the firebird as well
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gorak

a rocket 455 would pass everything but a gas station, lol the only real comp for that engine was the Buick 455 stage 1 and the chevy 427 ZL1. The 426 Hemi could keep up if properly tuned, but they're impossible to keep in tune for very long.
68 firebird 400 was one of my favs, but I perfer small blocks for the sake of handeling and hook up

and smooth is definatly not a word I'd use to describe bricklyn! specially the earily AMC 360 models
they did get alot better after they went to the ford 351 though. The later models, they even got the doors to fit properly :-o

on a side note, in '67 John Lingenfelter built a version of the Buick 455 that was a limited special order crate engine that made 755HP at 7800RPM

and I remember the days when I'd intentionally max my speedo, oh what fun, till I lost me liscence getting caught driving 260KPH (around 150MPH for you yanks) racing a C5 with me Cutlass Supreme (I did alot of work to me Cutlass)