A bad week

Started by wolf bite, May 22, 2006, 10:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

A week ago I ran in to a buddy I knew from the age of 5 to 20. I had got upset with him bake then for turst reasons and broke off the relationship. Seems he has done very well for himself, he is worth 160 Million (not in RWL money). He kept asking me to fly up (in his private plane) to Mammoth Mountain and stay the night (in his 6 bedroom home) then ski the next day (free pass and he has extra equipment for guests), then fly back that night. I still had not forgiven him from his childhood antics and kept turning him down. He kept calling me. Eventually I thought that I should spend 24 hours of my life to see if he has changed back into a person I would want to be friends.

Skip ahead to being on the bottom of the ski hill. I tell him I that I may have once been a ski instructor, but am not used to the skis, out of practice and shape, and we should stay on groomed runs. We take the lift, then go down some trail that no one else is on, then come to the hardest run on the hill.

He says ?Isn?t it great to be on a part of the hill that we are the only people? I respond, ?That?s because no one else wants to ski this.? I knew it was way beyond what I would have taken even when a good skier. I am no showoff. So I find the easiest way down and take it very slowly.

I then broke my leg in 20 places. Spent 6 hours being operated on. Stayed for days in recovery, then flew home 2 days ago to find my Internet conversion box burred out. So this is the first time I have logged in for over a week.

But lets look at the bright side. I got 2 rides in an airplane, stayed in a big house, did a little skiing, got to ride in a toboggan, a ride in an ambulance, got to find out what major drugs do to you, spent days with nurses running around doing things for me, and now I get to stay home for 3 months.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

windhound

darn wolf
I didnt know it was possible to break your leg in /twenty/ places..  roll all the way down the hill? 

speedy recovery
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

nurses eh? were they.... y'know... the kind of nurses...
oh nevermind, lets just admit it, you week sucked! lol.

my brother broke his feemer a few years ago, and that took months to recover. broken in 20 places? are any of those places the feemer? Are you going to forgive your friend this time?

Aqualis

Wow. Is the rest of you okay?
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Neobaron

Sheesh man... kinda sad when you have to do all that just to get in touch with some nurses.  :wink:

---

Besta luck.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Beem

darn, sorry to hear that wolf.   Was your friend any better now-a-days?

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Gen. Volkov

darn man, that sucks. What happened to your leg exactly? Hope you feel better soon.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

holy cow, wolf, that's intense. sorry to hear.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ragefur

Did you get some money from your friend there?
Highest Rank: 1
8th player ever.

wolf bite

Thanks all for the concern, and sorry for not being here to help with the games.

roll all the way down the hill?
Nope, was skiing through thick milted snow very slow and carefully. Like trying to ski through foot deep mud that had been chopped up with tires tracks. Skis did what they wanted to do, which was having one facing backward. Bindings did not release. Seems slow breaks are more intense then fast snaps.

nurses eh?
One keeps calling me. Hehe

Are you going to forgive your friend this time?
Still have not forgiven him from all those years ago, think this adds to it. But then all final choices were mine. One must take personal responsibility for their own actions.

Is the rest of you okay
Yep. Did not even fall, just sat down and looked at my foot facing the wrong way.

Was your friend any better now-a-days?

Humm, he over tightened my bindings and took me down the hardest run first thing in the morning knowing I was rusty and lieing about were we were going.

What happened to your leg exactly?
About 3 inches under the right knee, both bones broke. They grinded into each other making them shatter into 20 or so peaces. Some of the splinters stabbed nerves and did some damage. Doctor had me in surgery for 6 hours. He put plates on the bone then screwed all the bones to the titanium plates. He said out of the 500 or so broken legs he sees a year, mine was one of the very worst.

Did you get some money from your friend there?
Nope. He called me the other day and told me he would take me out to a great restaurant. I told him I could not show up unless he sent an ambulance to take me both ways.

The swelling has gone down and so has some of the pain. I have to have people come several times a day as I can?t care for myself at this time. I can crutch around some, but even a ten foot walk to the bathroom takes 20 minutes of recovery time as my leg swells horribly when lowered. When surgery is done, there is no cast so the leg just kind of hangs. They are saying that soon with physical therapy I should be able to be upright for longer times. I will not be able to put any weight on that foot for 6 months. Thus crutches and wheelchair for half a year. By the end of a year I should be as good as I will get, which they say will almost be normal.

Wolf Bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Alazuli

Better safe than sorry my butt.

Karn

twenty places you must of fallen hard

Gen. Volkov

Ah. 20 bone fragments, not 20 separate fractures. Still, major ouchies. Have you considered putting a hit out on your friend?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

Owww, poor Wolf.   :-( I don't understand your friend at all. Hope you get better soon.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Holby

Ouch, sorry buddy!

But at least people feel more sympathy for a crippled lawyer :wink:
I will not deleted this