Ninjas vs. Pirates

Started by Naltaca, April 16, 2006, 09:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In your opinion, which is better/cooler?

Ninjas
16 (59.3%)
Pirates
11 (40.7%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Aqualis

Shinobi is a ninja!
It's a game about ninjas!

Then again, there is not ninja liquer.

Speaking of which, I went minature golfing with some friends and found a bottle of Captian Morgan next to one of the courses. Empty, of course.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Gen. Volkov

See? Pirates had Rum. And Rum pwns sake. Also, Shinobi were spies, ninja where assassins. Two different types of people, hence two different names. Shinobi were not ninjas.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Aqualis

In the games they are ninjas.

~the mighta awualis

artu

look a ninja could probable sneek up on a pirate while he is drinking his rum and slit his throut  so there nifas pwn    :-)

Gen. Volkov

The games are wrong. Period. Ninja's and Shinobi where not the same thing.

Artu, how's he gonna do that on a ship full of pirates? Pirates travel in gangs, ninja are loners. Pirates would see the Ninja sneaking up and shoot him in the head.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Aqualis

Only if their crappy guns could shoot straight.

~the mighta awualis

Karn

also there drunk so theyd probably not notice the ninja

White Fang

Here's how it would go in one-on-one: the pirate would be dead before he could draw his weapon.

In one-on-crew: the ninja would kill the pirate on the perimeter of the crew, but no one would see him. Then he'd simple move to the next one closest to the outside of the group, and so one and so forth. And if they did detect him, he'd still win. Why? 'Cause the pirates would be so slow and clumsy compared to him that they'd just end up hitting each other.

VinnieOlle

A ninja is stealthy, could sneak up on a gang of 5 pirates, hold 5 chinese stars in a hand, throw them all at once, and kill every pirate, right in the neck.

artu

volkov your pirates are pwned                                     

Gen. Volkov

Sorry, but you are wrong. Pirates where theives remember? That means they tend to be very alert. The only time a ninja would have the chance would be when they are in port, and that is the most tense time for any pirate crew. Extra alertness. You precious ninja would be spotted and shot within seconds. Ninja versus pirate one on one: Ninja bows before fight, pirate shoots him through the top of the skull. No more ninja. Or alternatively, ninja draws his sword and while he does so, pirate will have had plenty of time to grab gun and shoot. Firearms beat melee every time. As to ninja stars, it's very hard to kill someone with just one star. You have to have extremely good aim, and be very lucky. Looks like Ninjas lose again. Plus, ninja wouldn't have a ship, so if the pirates AREN"T in port, the ninja can't get to them, cept in rowboat or some such. Pirates had cannons. No more rowboat.

Aqualis

Pyrates weren't thieves. That implies to much finesse on their part. The just run up next to you, wave their guns around and scare the crap out you. Then, if you were weak, you gave in and handed over all your stuff. And if you were couragous they blasted you out of the water then squeezed your head until your eyeballs popped out.

No finesse invovled.

~the mighta awualis

Gen. Volkov

LOL. Pirates were wily buggers. They could have finesse if the situation required it. Though admittedly the tactic was usually terrorizing you into submission, or killing you if that didn't work.

Besides, I have the ultimate pro-pirate argument: "Pirates of the Carribean" and "Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest" Jack Sparrow is teh l33t pwnz0r. No ninja will ever be as cool as Captain Jack Sparrow. Booyah. Pirates win.

Deathclaw

Pirates. Bc  the movie was amazing.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Ashyra Nightwing

ARR.

I got myself a pirate bandanna today.