Ninjas vs. Pirates

Started by Naltaca, April 16, 2006, 09:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In your opinion, which is better/cooler?

Ninjas
16 (59.3%)
Pirates
11 (40.7%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Gen. Volkov

Why wouldn't he be able to see the ninja? And shurikens suck compared to guns. LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Naltaca

Ninjas are invisible you dolt... pirates smell, so you can always tell where they're at.
COOL STORY BRO

Gen. Volkov

Ninjas are not invisible! When did they become invisible? That's silly! The pirate kills the ninja! I kill Gandalf! What? Huh?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Aqualis

Quote from: Arguia Zsah on April 18, 2006, 11:53:28 AM
Quote from: Naltaca on April 18, 2006, 12:53:06 AM
In case you don't see it in the photo album, and because it's poll related, here you go.

is he wearing a gas mask?!

Bad Arguia. Very bad. You must be reeducated. At out special reeducation centers for the uneducated.

And a ninja would dress up as a pirate to blend in and become unnoticable so as to make it easier to kill his pirate prey. Plus, ninjas have bombs. Ninjas were warfare experts, pirates just sailed around and scared people. Most of them only has little single sail boats with 12 to 30 pyrates and maybe six guns. They preyed on the weak and defenceless, mostly merchant ships. They ran away like cowards when the Royal Navy came around. With a few notable exceptions.

Privateers > Pyrates (cowards)

Ninjas > Privateers

-therefore-

Ninjas > Pyrates
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Ashyra Nightwing

*sigh*

i > ninjas
i = pirate
pirates > ninjas

Aqualis

So you agree that privateers > pyrates?
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Ashyra Nightwing

...I always thought that they were pretty much the same thing. XD

pirates > ninjas.

Gen. Volkov

Privateers usually had better ships and were hired on by rival governments for commerce raiding, but once the war was over, they would end up as pirates, so there's not alot of difference. Ninjas had smokebombs for escape, actual bombs would be too noisy. Ninja's were assassins, so they wanted quiet and stealth, not large explosions. They most definitely were not warfare experts.

The pirates would notice the new Oriental dude in the crew and string him up the first time they noticed a pirate was dead. Besides, pirates had guns. Guns pwn swords, shurikens, and any other ninja weapon. Now a samouri, that beats a pirate, because they WERE experts in warfare, and had bows, which they spent lifetimes learning how to use, which beats a gun. And they had big honkin swords. And armor. Samouri pwn.

cloud

Ninja Samurai's > all

All my final fantasy tactics characters were duel sword wielding samurai's, ftw.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Peace Alliance

Let me remind you that modern pirates = modern guns. and modern guns > bows. even though i think bows are super cool too

Naltaca

In that case, modern ninjas = light sabers and inviso cloaking devices.
COOL STORY BRO

Neobaron

I will admit that Ninjas are quick, but pirates are perpetually drunk which:
A) Means they are less likely to feel pain
B) Means their luck value is a +15 when drunk.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Gen. Volkov

Nalt.. WHAT? NO! You lose! You do not pass go, you do not collect 200 hundred dollars and you LOSE! ROFL.

Neo... drunken master... LOL.

PA... well yes, but I was thinking more along the lines of old school pirates, modern pirates suck. They aren't cool at all. No eyepatches, no peglegs, no parrots, no cutlasses, no sailboats. No cannon either. And no wheel lock pistols.

Cloud... Sweet. But no such thing as Ninja samuraii. Samurai were the exact opposite of ninja's.

cloud

psh, heavily armored masters of stealth with 2-swords =)
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Gen. Volkov

That's not a ninja or a samurai. Ninjas were assassin's, samurai honorable warriors. Besides, "heavily armored" and "stealth" don't mix well.