Robots attacking!

Started by wolf bite, April 15, 2006, 12:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Your truck? You mean poorly maintained, rotting from water damage, and only firing on half it's cylinders? :P Just teasin ya dude.

Oh, well then drop a V8 turbo-diesel at least. Regular diesels have no HP. Or like a 305 V8. That should be small enough, and with the right cam and whatnot, you can prolly get some decent horsepower out of it.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

:-P Volkov is apparently the vehicle wizz becuase his brothers firebird is all supped up. Actually had a debate with him about my future suzuki hayabusa vs. his brothers bird. 230 MPH ftw. :-D

If I can give you any advice at all, get a hayabusa!
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

cloud

my truck would run you over cody, ftw  :-D
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Wolf Snare

hhahaha just try to catch me. I could accelerate 10x faster than you and be out of site within seconds. and if you're lucky I wont turn around and ramp over your ugly truck for kicks.  :-D
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

cloud

blasphemy, my truck is PERTTY
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Naltaca

Motorcycle wins hands down.  Motorcycles are so much freakin lighter than cars so the horsepower and acceleration porportional to the size greatly outways a car.  So yeah, a car could win at top speed, but a motorcycle at acceleration definately.  Only reason a car would out do a motorcycle in acceleration is because the person would be destroyed if they go as fast as some motorcycles are capable of.
COOL STORY BRO

Gen. Volkov

A top fueler would beat a motorcycle in both Nalt. 0-300 in 3 seconds. You are correct about a motorcycle out-accelerating a car in general, but the top performance cars can still outperform motorcycles in both acceleration and top speed.

QuoteOnly reason a car would out do a motorcycle in acceleration is because the person would be destroyed if they go as fast as some motorcycles are capable of.

You do realize that if it killed the person in the car, it would kill the person on the motorcycle as well right?

In response to cody:
I know a fair amount about cars.. comes with having a mechanic for a brother.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Naltaca

I meant to say top speed there... not acceleration.  And I don't believe that the fastest car can outdo the fastest motorcycle in acceleration.  There's like that v12 dodge viper engine mounted in a motorcycle somewhere or something and it can do like 400 mph on a dyno.
COOL STORY BRO

Gen. Volkov

That's not a motorcycle though. It's got 4 wheels. And the fastest motorcycles on the drag circuit are not as fast as the fastest cars. But then the fastest cars have HP measured in the thousands and need a total engine rebuild every 3rd race. Not to mention needing a new transmission every race.

Sheer top speed a car wins as well. No motorcycle ever went Mach 1.

Wolf Snare

haha.
well. I still say my hayabusa can take your firebird :evil:
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

1) One, it's my brothers
2) Not after he drops the big block in it.

Maybe in terms of acceleration. But not top speed. And there is no way you will ever be able to afford a Hayabusa. It's about as likely as me getting a Lambourghini.

Wolf Snare

11 grand for a brand new 2007 model. within price range.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Ok, maybe not never, but certainly not for awhile.

cloud

-Kilk

Aqualis

First of all, learn to ride before you get a 'busa.
Second, Viper is a V-10, not a V-12.
Third, most motorcycles beat most cars thanks to their power-to-weight ratio.

For example. My motorcycle has maybe 20 HP, but it only weights 260 pounds. That's 13 pounds per HP. We'll say my truck weights 4500 lbs. and has 150 HP. That's 30 lbs. per HP. The motorcycle is quicker.

Now, most moder sport bikes have PTWs in the 2-3 lbs. per HP range. The '06 Kawasaki ZX-10R went 100mph in first gear with a top speed of 186mph. The Corvette has a PTW of 6-7 lbs. per HP, the Porshe 911 8-9, the Viper aboue the same as the Corvette. But the Corvette has a top speed of 207mph. The Mercedes McLaren SLR AMG has a top speed closer to 220mph, but it weighs 4000lbs and has 600 hp.

I forgot how I was going to smoothly transition to the next statment .... Cars have more downforce at higher speeds but motorcycles have gyroscopic stability. (Not really useful or relevant information in this sentence (or preceeding paragraph).)

Top Fuel dragsters go faster thanks to a larger contact patch.

[EDIT: this has got to be one of my most disorganized posts ever.]
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis