Robots attacking!

Started by wolf bite, April 15, 2006, 12:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Robots attacking!

This was dealt with a few weeks ago by your friendly staff, but since someone else noticed the problem, others may have questioned it also. So I might as well explain it openly.

We noticed a constantly changing IP that was searching through our forum a few times a day. Not only going to very old posts, but searching and sometimes ?printing.? It also was viewing member profiles. Checking the IP, it matched none of our members or people on either game. We feared we had a nutcase.

After some time watching it, and days researching, we solved the problem. Seems it was a robot from google that was downloading information for future searches and was just randomly picking up words and phrases to assist people who are looking for something. Overall, this is good for us that google has taken interest as it increases the likely hood of our site being found.

I post this because a member happened to check who was on line and found a guests viewing their own profile. I was on line when notified and found it to be within the IP numbers the robot uses.

Wolf Bite
Edit: typo. WB
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Neobaron

Phew... good.

Thought for sure my army had mobilized too early.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

cloud

yea, I noticed this a week or so ago and I think I talked to cody about it, but I just thought it was some crazy old rwler.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Aqualis

I wonder why so many guests were printing topics.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Naltaca

Gah..! I've been found out! I must re-enter ninja mode before my motives are found out and my secret plan is foiled.
COOL STORY BRO

Peace Alliance

QuoteAfter some time watching it, and days researching, we solved the problem

by we he means... pretty much just him. I spent the time freaking out and thinking i was being stalked (i'm not even joking, i had car chases and everything... i'm paranoid!)

Naltaca

Don't be so modest peace, we all know that you do everything around here.
COOL STORY BRO

Aqualis

Mars Attacks!

"Do not run. We are you friends." *zap*

Car chases, eh? Sounds fun.

~the mighta awualis

cloud

I had a car chase with your mom last night, Ollie.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Aqualis

I was drag racing a semi to get the highway yesterday. And that other guy who wouldn't get over when he saw me trying to get on.

I have a strange urge to put a V6 desiel in my truck.

~the mighta awualis

Gen. Volkov

You should drop a big block V8 in it. With a supercharger. And nitrous. ROFL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

cloud

then it'd be my truck  :-D
-Kilk

Aqualis

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on April 19, 2006, 02:17:34 PM
You should drop a big block V8 in it. With a supercharger. And nitrous. ROFL.

I considered something like that, thought small-block as a big-block won't fit. But a desiel would fit better. And be more unique.

~the mighta awualis

Peace Alliance

Neobaron

Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.