Volkov is stupid part 2: Hammers and Emos

Started by Blood Wake, March 31, 2006, 01:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naltaca

COOL STORY BRO

Gen. Volkov

I'm not the DM though, despite my ownership of a DMG, which I bought, thank you very much. Neo is the DM, that's why he is god Nalt. God=DM. *Nod*
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Naltaca

*shakes head hopelessly*  Now I must refer you to the Player's Handbook.  Beginning on page 106 is a list of all deities within Dungeons and Dragons; while the DM could create his own gods, he himself is considered a DM, not a god.

If neo is the DM, then how is it he is taking such an active role as a character in the campaign eh? Answer me that.
COOL STORY BRO

Ruddertail

Because he's Neo... and god. Both authorize him to create his own rules, and then force people to abide by them.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Neobaron

Yes, I weave all the webs!

Giant spiders for everybody!
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Gen. Volkov

And I must refer you to the same rule that says a DM runs the game and controls what the gods do. Therefore, DM=ubergod.

Also, he has an NPC character that he's controlling because the party was too small.;)
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Naltaca

PFFTT!!!!! TOO SMALL?!?!?! All you need is a DM and one player, technically, but you had at least two players.  He can have an NPC, it just has to be an NPC and not a PC taking as active a roll as he is.
COOL STORY BRO

Gen. Volkov

What if the story is for 3 characters? What if only 2 would not survive? And again, who died and made you the rules master? He can do whatever he wants as long as the game is fun.

Aqualis

Screw the game! More rules to quash your fun! *evil, maniacal laughter*
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Naltaca

Long long ago, there were several wizards... a council of them.  They all lived near a body of water and were therefore referred to as Wizards of the Coast.  They created mystically magical books so that there legacy could be passed down and remembered for many years to come.

That is who died and made me the rules master.  He must follow the rules to a certain extent all though he is allowed to deviate, he still needs to use the basic infrastructure.  You just don't want to be proven wrong in your flawed campaign. HA!!!
COOL STORY BRO

Gen. Volkov

Bah. You're just mad that you don't get to kill emos with us. You know that the game isn't flawed and that the DMG allows for the sort of things we are doing, you just won't admit it because you're insanely jealous of our l33tness.

Naltaca

pfft... your l33tn3s5?  I have a whole arsenal that greatly surpasses your little venture of slight coolosity.  And the DMG hardly allows what you're referring to.  On top of that, my religion prohibits the killing of emos.
COOL STORY BRO

Neobaron

Your religion is ignorent and must be crushed!

(Volkov, what does the DM do to unleash mass hordes of nasties on whaever religion a character has?)
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Gen. Volkov

A mass horde of nasties with a different, opposite religion. Just like in real life. That or a horde of Goblins, that always works too. Or you could have the country taken over by an dictator who hates that religion. Then the country's own army becomes a mass horde of nasties that destroys the religion. Many ways.

Wolf Snare

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)