Clan of Punishment

Started by wolf bite, March 23, 2006, 11:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

When the brothers The Musketeers and The Argonauts signed up to play, I warned them about working too closely together and told them I would be watching their accounts.

My letter to them included this:
?Let me tell you what actions will cause trouble. Accounts that work too much together! Such as one account weakening someone, and the other account then attacking. Working together to kill other people. One account sending all their goods to the other one constantly. Basically anything that gives an unfair advantage.?

Maybe I should have been watching closer. Not only did they send aid to each other before attacking each other, but they are now using the ?one rat attack? strategy which I posted I will not allow.

I debated deleting the accounts, but since they hold the most land in the game, it would have an unfair reaction in the game. Both accounts have been placed into a clan of punishment. Any attempt to leave the clan before Sunday night at 10PM (PST) will cause the account to be disabled.

Next time I will not be so nice.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Gen. Volkov

[nevermind yay! go wolf!:-D]
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

ahh. Good call Wolf, good call.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ruddertail

Passing land, passing aid, one rat attacking... yeah, I'd say perma-clanning them is good. Let's make the apes pay... SMASH!!!

If you do disable, is there any way you could give the land to the land farm?
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Gen. Volkov

LOL. You mean the 949 land Musketeers has left? Argonauts is already dead. Methinks people din't like them very much.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

wolf bite

More like they droped the land and deleted. I hope he comes back next round and plays again in a fair round.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Ruddertail

You sure? From the way he was talking last night, I get the feeling Snare intended to spend his whole run hitting those two... I don't think other people liked them, either. And it looks like the land is still in the game, the majority of the top 10 has over 20k, some up around 30k. We wouldn't see that if 50k land was dropped out of the game...
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Gen. Volkov

I know I beat the snot out of Musketeers. Made my own clan specifically to do so. I'm gonna agree with rudder on this one partway though. Because there is less land than there was. Hopefully it shows up in the landfarm.

Disdain

(click to enlarge)

Enigma

Well. Fair enough, Wolf Bite. You were right to do what you did with the clan, however I would like to leave some other things straight for the record:

-First, one might wonder what might drive someone to get a friend or relative involved in an online game so that they can help them out. Is it just the drive to be the top? To win? Then why did I not start out with my brother at once?

Here is the warm welcome I received from some of the groups more senior (definitely not in mind or maturity, but in game experience) who know what it is like to be new, and not very good at the game.

"*Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:16:36 -0800
From The Pheonix Lament (#6) (?)
quit maxing my targets noob. if you cant scrape land quit trying and let the big boys do it k?*"

Right after that, here is the next message:

"*Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:30:00 -0800
watch it noob your pissing me off. *shakes head* dam amatuer.*"

Then a few days later...

"*Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:27:56 -0800
im going to go ahead and warn you right now you little imbecile, next time you attack me online, it will not turn out well for you. I''m close to putting a bounty on your empty little head for being such a careless noob. BE WARNED.*"

Well, this is coming from the person who did the exact same to me before, taking thousands of acres and wasting my turns. Again, notice the kind, welcoming tone. Here is another, bitingly sarcastic little note-

"*Wed, 22 Mar 2006 18:12:48 -0800
From The HOunds of Ulster (#13) (?)
Would you like some advice on how to play better?*"

I may be wrong, and he may have been serious, but this is while he takes all my land every day. So, I took that into how I was starting to feel about this game and the people in it. Here is our seasoned veteran again with his infinite kindness:

"*Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:14:41 -0800
man up you piece of shiht. join a clan and make it fair. pathetic scumbag.*"

Hmm, did he not just tell me about a week ago that I was an annoying, imbecilic, amateurish noob? What I hear from him is that I couldn't touch him, that I was a weak nothing, that I could never measure up to anywhere near his prowess at a GAME HE HAS PROBABLY PLAYED FOR YEARS. Not that that is in any way bad, this is a great past-time, but you have got to have issues if you are at the point where you will curse at and harass new-comers to a game you are "an expert" at.
       So, we start to see why one might attempt to get some kind of edge over these type (not that everyone is like this, just people like Gen. Volkov or Wolf Snare) of jerks who seem to have nothing better to do than to turn the time that you should be spending enjoying yourself on this well designed and managed, fun game. So basically I was slapped in the face by these "vets" of ROVL, who just might possibly be the REASON WHY IT IS HARD TO FIND A LOT OF PEOPLE IN THIS GAME.

-Secondly, I know that what I did was against the rules, and I am sorry for any trouble caused to Wolf Bite, one of the only out of those posting who I respect and who seems to have his head in the right place when it comes to this game and who plays it. I apologize for making my brother send me aid and if I had been told that I was allowed to do that if we were in a clan, I would definitely have done so. However, General was kind enough to attack this "noob" to shreds then to swear at him afterwards about the aid. My brother is 12 and has no idea about anything that was going wrong. I told him that we were now working together to get back at these losers and that it was his job to get money and food, and I would protect him. This is a text-book clan, however no-one told me! I should probably have looked more closely into finding rules or guides, but I did not. Wolf Bite was entirely right to punish both accounts, and I would have expected to be deleted, so thank you for the leniency. However that leads me to my third point.

-Thirdly, I have left this game of my own accord, and have told my little brother that with the type of people at the top of the game, I would rather that he not be involved either. The Argonauts gave away everything they could to the different people that may have been attacked, then AFTER I REALIZED THAT THE LAND WAS GOING TO THE LANDFARM, I told my brother just to drop any un-used land. This MIGHT GIVE THESE OTHER UN-WANTED "NOOBS" a chance! I then did the same with my account, The Musketeers, because I am not proud of the way that I responded to such childish and spiteful comments by our benevolent and kind leaders. The only reason that both accounts were not immediately deleted is because I could not remember the name that I gave to my account, and my brother told me that he had just put in a random name, too. So instead, I dropped all land from Musketeers, however 949 extra (un-deletable) remained. So, General"ly" Cocky Volkov, you nor anyone else attacked me. And if you think that people did not like either of us, we were using your type of interactions, so take a wild guess about how people think of you. And if anyone wants a little chuckle, scroll over to General's post about "beating the snot out of me." I do seem to recall that until I left of my own accord, I was usually right next to you in the standings (still a noob, right?)...

However, I am stooping to the low levels of the very people who I am trying not to be akin to. I thank you again Wolf Bite, for treating this case fairly and understandingly. I compliment you on your game, which you hold sway over, but not on your players, which you cannot choose. I apologise for my wrongs and ask that you do not hold it against me, for we all know what comes from feeling like we are attacked and belittled- revenge. However as Bacon said, "In taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior." From this point on, I relinquish my and my brother's accounts for the good of the new players and ask those with any scrap of common courtesy, kindness, or any good whatsoever, look at yourselves and ask yourselves why you play this game. Is that extra attack that you could get in on somebody for those 700 acres worth as much as that friendship you might build by sending a little un-asked-for aid? So those of you who welcome new players as one would an inductee to a college fraternity, I apologise for my wrongs against you and forgive you those done against me. Thanks again Wolf Bite, and keep up the good work.

windhound

actually, you only mentioned Pheonix Lament (#6) being crude
yeah.  we're on the internet, people might say objectional things..  you should hear the things that come out of the tv when my roommate is playing halo II, and he pays for that game
I believe Volkov (hounds of ulster) was sincere in his offer, but if you have land he's going to take it  :wink:

keep in mind that you're also playin' turbo, which is our more attack-happy server
reg. is slower, but its fun (and you can have an account on both reg and turbo, just not more than one on each).  The top people in reg are usually your true rwl vets, turbo just doenst matter as much (to me anyways, but I dont play turbo anymore)..

as far as working together with your siblings, dont do it ^_^
my little brother Amarok played for a decent amount of time, and we mostly did our own thing, occasonally I was against him, which was kinda fun.  but if one needed aid (usually him) some would ofcourse be sent.. 
basically, if you work too closely together and 'move as one' then the two of you have essentially have 2x the amount of turns and resources to use than anyone else in the game, which isnt fair

*shrug*

PS:  just a note to close out your [ x] with [/x], for example, italics
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ruddertail

Enigma,

Just recently, we had a major problem with people doing this. Passing land back and forth using failed attacks, which also maxed out the person, can give any player an insane advantage, and, since one of the people who did it was also almost universally disliked, people are generally more hostile towards somebody using that kind of strat then they would be toward somebody breaking the rules in some other way.

As for land, well, that's pretty much the way it works. If you have most of the land in the game, you're doing to lose most of it, as well.

Sorry your stay at RWL was an unpleasent one...
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

Wolf Snare

hah. Not surprised you are taking this approach enigma. Makingm e look like the bad guy I see.
I'm not going to argue about it because i have nothing to prove to you, and I don't care much either way. you had attacked me while I was running turns on two separate occasions.. I don't know if you have been informed but that ticks people off alot. Then you have the nerve to max out every good target and I've been limited to a run every day or two. You can only expect me to be nasty to you. I read those messages now and realize I look silly, but in those precise moments that I was either hit online or logged in to find I cant run with land.... Well I'm not just going to shrug and say oh well.

hmm. I hope you come back and play fair some time, you were a fairly good player.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

wolf bite

Enigma,

I think I had told you that we have teachers that will help with the game, once lined up with them you become in the inside with them and their buddies. It is surely hard to come join a group of people that have been playing together for years when standing on the outside. Trust me when I say that many more difficult situations have been here in the past then this one, and those all fade into the past, as this one will.

Although there is fighting on the games, most of the people are still friends on this forum as it is only a game. You may be surprised that even those that seemed to hate you in game, will be happy to be you ally and teacher in the next set. The more players, the more fun everyone has. So they have reason to keep you and make you also one of the RWL elite.

I would also like to take this chance to say that I noticed what you did with aid before you killed off the accounts. I saw that you sent friendly letters to the lowest of players and backed it up with aid. A very noble action! This shows that you truly are the kind of person we would like to have join our community.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Disdain

it's just too bad he was chased off like that. My playing has diminished due to the immature behavior from many people here. Plenty of double standards. I am on many forums, under many names, but this is the most immature group I've interacted with. I usually keep these comments to myself because many here can't handle criticism. I went over to FaF about a year ago and I was welcomed with the same tone as Enigma. And I left with the same type of post he has made. When I played this game for the first time, I was threatened and called names, but I stuck it out with help.
A word of advise to those of you who care about the future of the game - if you want retention, treat the new players as your own friends and teach instead of threaten. The double standards allot of you hold are hard for new players to understand what is an actual hand of friendship or an attempt to demoralize. Either way, this game is doomed if the new players get chased off before they can even get a foothold on the politics that run rampent through this game. I was lucky enough to be helped by the very honorable players here IE, BloodWake and WolfBite.
One could say they were warned (not talking about WolfBite's warning, but The Pheonix Lament's). But a warning along with name calling is not a warning, it's a challenge.

Wolf - I thought name calling like noob as a negative was against the rules, or is that just here on the forums?

(click to enlarge)