After kills

Started by Orcrist, March 15, 2006, 05:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcrist

I just have a basic question about kills- say warlord A killed warlord B, and warlord B had 500$, 200 food, and 100 troops. Would warlord A get ALL of the 500$, 200 food, and 100 troops, or just a percentage? If it's just a percentage, what is the percentage?
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Wolf Snare

the killer would get nothing. RWL tries not to promote random killings. If we gave the killer a percentage of the victems stuff, all new people and probably some of the vets would start killing eachother for eachothers stuff. it would be.... rather chaotic IMHO.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ruddertail

Aye. That'd get messy. Killer rewards are one of the best ways to kill a game, in my opinion. Right up there with unlimited personal war and turnrates anywhere over 20/10. (Or maybe even anywhere over 10/10...)
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Gen. Volkov

Yeah, no killer rewards. Maybe in game bounties, but no kill rewards. If I were to kill top guy, I'd get a boatload of stuff, and then someone would kill me, and it would spiral until there was one guy left with several billion NW and the game would die.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

cloud

I don't know about that, I think you should get something, even if a small amount. Maybe like 5-10% of their networth, to atleast make up for the lost troops/turns that you used killing them.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Ruddertail

No, because that takes away one deterent for killing. If it's not a total waste of resources, why shouldn't you kill to get somebody out of your hair?
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Gen. Volkov

This is war game, not a killing game. The only person that's having fun is for the guy doing the killing, everyone else hates it. Or Duels. But that's highly organized.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

cloud

"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Wolf Snare

ill duel you. first explain what a duel is, and im there. :-o
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ruddertail

Duels, n. A server, run on FAF. The game consists of two or more teams, denoted by clans. The object of the game is to kill all other clans. The last clan with members alive wins the set.

Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

Gen. Volkov

What Rudder said. And yes, I'll duel you if they run the server again.

cloud

ooo, lets rumble then big boy  :-D
-Kilk

Gen. Volkov

Mmk. *Patiently waits until someone decides to put up the duels server somewhere*

Ruddertail

Beatles says april second.
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

Wolf Snare

hopefully ill have highspeed then
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)