Intentional Maxing

Started by Beem, February 27, 2006, 09:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beem

Alright, this is becoming an annoying issue, almost making it not worth playing the game.  It's abosolutely hog wash to see rounds of "winners" and "emporers" who were put there rather than earned it.   This round of Reg, Blankshot was put to #1 through intentional maxing by wolf snare.  Last round it was Josh and cloud.   Its been going on and it frankly, is the same as exploiting game rules and is a form of cheating.   Is there some way of getting the intentional maxing of another player written as an official offence of the rules?   

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Wolf Snare

again, stop whining. it was for 4 or 5 days. Go cry to retto about fixing the open attack oppertunities option, or go cry into your pillow. I have heard enough.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Beem

then don't listen, its not crying its simply stating I would rather play a fair game.  I doubt I am the only one.  YOU agreed yourself it was a cheap tactic.   If you don't like people calling you cheap for a tactic you, YOURSELF, admitted cheap, then stop listening.

"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Wolf Snare

I admit it is rather cheap. I also admit I would not like it used against me. But as long as it is part of the game, you cannot accuse me of cheating. If you want it fixed, go prod retto, otherwise, stop trying to get me disabled for using it, and just accept that we did what we had to do in the amount of time we had, to own. and look at the highscores.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Beem

I am not trying to get YOU banned, I am trying to get the code abuse banned.

Orcrist

To get around it, join a clan and set the individual warlord to war...The max attacks are there so that this game doesn't turn into a free for all kill run chaotic game.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Ruddertail

Eh? You can set individual warlords to war when you're in a clan? I've never heard that before...

Personally, the solution I would offer is making this specific tactic officially illegal. It could be declared by anyone with the proper authority (Retto, or maybe WB.) Any players using it would then be first warned, then disabled if it were continued.

This would prevent it from being used, without requiring any code changes, which might possibley have unintended side effects on the game balance.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

cloud

However, it's impossible to convict someone of intentional maxing. They could just claim they were too stupid to realize they couldn't break them.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Ruddertail

They'd have to be a n00b, because even if an experienced player could swallow his pride enough to claim that he was too stupid, nobody would believe them.

And the stupid n00b excuse would be almost impossible to keep up. Think about it. If they stopped after one failed attack on somebody else, anybody else, it'd be instantly destroyed. They might get away with it for a run or two, tops.

Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

cloud

hey I've attacked someone multiple times knowing i'd fail, just so their forces would be weaker for someone else.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Blankshots

Beem are you still crying over this? God, I for one, do not care if someone is maxed cause that is thier strat. Good on them for thinking of that before I did.? This is the first time I have ever really thought about taking top spot, and it was suggested to me that I need alot of resources to make my jump, and that alone is the only reason I had myself maxed.? But see you fail to realize again, Wolfsnare could have made emp, he could have pwned me like he did you, but he was an ally and assited my rise to power. You however sit in the posistion of 12th, you rarely broke me when you tried, and wolf took what he pleased? from you at will.

Changing the max attacks cause it's cheap? haha, wow you are a whiner thats for sure.

Quite crying, suck it up buttercup.

Thanks Wolfsnare for backing me in this game. This guy is a true player, watch out nOObs he will pawn all of you.
I have a 75 lb pitbull, and he will eat your face, haha yes, eat your face.

What's the worst part about telling your parent's you ride a skateboard? That your gay, yes you are.

cloud

Well I for one don't care about this either way. I have assisted in this, along with snare, but It's not something I need to take emp.
-Kilk

Wolf Snare

Although, it sure is handy if you decide on taking over the game in the last five days or so of the set.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

windhound

watch the flame

maxxing is currently part of the game
it is a cowards' strat, as it takes no effort to hold off thoes who could otherwise break you
but it is a strat

I did not play turbo this round, so I did not keep up with events

if somone is hit hard throughout the game they will, naturally, be kept low

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ruddertail

Quote from: cloud on February 28, 2006, 07:31:34 PM
hey I've attacked someone multiple times knowing i'd fail, just so their forces would be weaker for someone else.

True. Ok, we put in a code measure that flags if the person attacking is using an insanely low % of their troops... We still can't completey prove it, but we can do so without reasonable doubt, especially if they've been warned and explained too.
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!