Next turbo round

Started by Wolf Snare, February 16, 2006, 10:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Snare

I propose that we make the next round of turbo leaderless. If memory serves, we have only done this once (maybe twice) before. I think taking away leaders will liven up the server, and more than likely up the competition.
Turbo is so repetitive with everyone using the same old strategies, I think most would agree it would be good for the game if we switch it up for a round.

If we make next round leaderless, we might even see some new people coming around to give it a shot. Since RWL is so leader dominant, who knows what will happen.

opinions / comments on this?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Sounds like a great way for you to dominate, given how used the rest of us are to leader strats. LOL. But it would be fun to try.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ruddertail

That sounds like a good idea to me. It'd be interesting to see everybody forced to either indy or cash-mass.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Beem

I fourtht he motion.  Leader massers are all the top has right now.   Almost all the top is wombats because of the uber magic of goldmine.   Eliminating leaders next round would force majority of the players to investigate new strats.

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Blankshots

I agree, but why not up the stakes and make teams with no leaders? like fire and ice kind of thing cept no leaders.
I have a 75 lb pitbull, and he will eat your face, haha yes, eat your face.

What's the worst part about telling your parent's you ride a skateboard? That your gay, yes you are.

Peace Alliance

Snare wouldn't win, volkov, I may have finally become somewhat talented with leaders, but i cling to my rat-massing beginnings, lol. Thats how i got started on this game, thats how i earned my name.

Gen. Volkov

How long has it been though PA? I haven't stoatmassed... oh gods.. in a LONG time. I'm not sure if I could still do it effectively.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

fingo

One of the reasons I stooped playing turbo was because you had to do leaders or you won't be able to keep a high spot. If the next round is non leaders I would defiantly sign up.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

Wolf Snare

sweet. So everyone is in favour for a leaderless round?  :-D
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Sure, why not? Could be fun.

Cohiba

Blankshots

Quote from: Cohiba on February 24, 2006, 02:00:14 PM
Leaders?? :?

You don't know what those are? or what they do for you?

Next round should be fine for you then.
I have a 75 lb pitbull, and he will eat your face, haha yes, eat your face.

What's the worst part about telling your parent's you ride a skateboard? That your gay, yes you are.

Disdain

I didn't read this post and I signed up. lol I haven't gone leaderless since my firt time playing. I'm a little rusty on my non-leader strat.? :-o

(click to enlarge)

Gen. Volkov

Wowsa. Its been awhile since I've indied. *Gradually shakes the rust off*

Wolf Snare

I'm more or less fairly decent at indying now. Thanks ruddertail  :-)
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)