Clan Competition

Started by Mawerick, February 03, 2006, 08:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mawerick

Back to topic, please.

Want this topic to stay on talk related to "Clan Competition", nothing else. And, you are welcome to come over to our forum to participate in the discussion there if you are interested.

wolf bite

Hey, what kind of adjustments do you guys have from the original code? And do you need to ?man? towers with armies?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Mawerick

Guard towers are not commonly used at valhall. But, you need men to man the towers. For example, here is a quote from SmashZ:
Quote from: SmashZ
Bug was discovered,

Has been resolved on all 3 servers..
one now really need 100 footmen to get 100% defence out of each tower..
was some cases that didnt happen for..

So the answer on the last question is yes.

About the rest:
- No form for healing, healing wasn't a part in the orginal code anyway.
- We will try to get a netting competition, and not a killfest like last year. Wars should be fought with STD and spells, so killing will be nerfed to be so hard that you really have to consider if it's worth killing.
- Grain networth won't be too high.
- Wizards generation will be slower when you reach a utility power on 50 (wizards/mage towers). This is to slow down the magers, which have been ruling on this code earlier.
- Hitlimit when not at war. Hitlimit is 25, going up to max 50 if you are hitting, then dropping back if you are getting attacked. If it is less than 25, it refills with 5 per hour, if it is more than 25, it's decreasing with 5 per hour.
- Spell attacks counts 2 on the hitlimit, magic userfight should count 1.
- Suicide magic userfight losses on the defender has been multiplied with a ratio, to avoid that 100k wizard empires make way too big losses on big mager empires.

That's the changes that came in my brainstorm. Of course there are more. And, we have a beta server up there, so you can test the code and come with feedback.   

Blood Wake

I rather like the idea of us going over there and make a big clan, Beatles had actually thought of that idea more than a year ago, it never really took off though, lets do it this time. I'm gonna go sign up and make an RWL clan over at ValHall if no one has done so yet, the password will be prom

edit: that site is scary, lets go somewhere else, lol.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Mawerick

What's making it scary? I mean, it's a normal promisance site, right?

Wolf Snare

lol. what's with the game called "dope wars" that is linked from the main page?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Mawerick

Quote from: Wolf Snare on February 09, 2006, 04:00:25 PM
lol. what's with the game called "dope wars" that is linked from the main page?
Hehe, try it and take a look. :)

Anyway, it's a dopewar game. It's a game about buying drugs cheap and sell them expensive, and on that way get much points. ;)

Blood Wake

ok, I made the RWL clan on Valhall strategy game if anyone wants to join the password is prom
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Mawerick

Remember that the strategy code is far away from the code being used in the competition.

wolf bite

But Justus, the other admin, says it is a more land based game, so maybe better to start out with since the playing will be closer to RWL?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Gen. Volkov

So you will be playing then Wolf?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Blood Wake

h

Gen. Volkov

Sweeeet!

So have I. And joined teh clan.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Blood Wake

what are you talking about? I'm the only one in the clan, whats your name in it?

h

Mawerick

Quote from: wolf bite on February 11, 2006, 04:40:50 PM
But Justus, the other admin, says it is a more land based game, so maybe better to start out with since the playing will be closer to RWL?

Wolf Bite
Not quite sure what he means by that. Only ways to gain lands will be to explore.