Clan Competition

Started by Mawerick, February 03, 2006, 08:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mawerick

Hello everybody!

I am Mawerick, and I am admin at Valhallgames.

In March we will organize a Clan Competition, accesable for all of the Promisance servers. This tournament is based on clanplay, and only clanned players are allowed to join. Can also say that it's the second clan competition we are going to have over at Valhall. So, if you want to play and have someone to play with, you are welcome.

The turnrate will be slow, probably 300/150 2/15. More info about this tournament can you find here: http://forums.valhallgames.net/viewtopic.php?t=8841 .

I hope to see you all around.

Sorry that this invitation came a bit late, I hadn't heard about this site before I found a link on another server. I also saw like 100 players registered here, so the potential is good. :)

-Mawerick, Admin Valhall Promisance ( www.valhallgames.net )-

Peace Alliance

Mawerick just out of curiousity, which website had the link to us?

Also, why not get some of your players to sign on our servers to show us your caliber. I see no reason in going over there if you guys aren't going to test our skills :)

wolf bite

They have a nice bright forum, a few less members than ours, a few more overall posts with lots of long RPs. I see a few people I recognize from FAF and QMT. There was even a vote for Ereptor for top 10 of all time Prom players. Mawerick seems to be a helpful and accommodating person.

They have about 5 games running with between 20 to 70 players on each (I did not go in to see if that included dead, disabled, or vacation.)

The game they are starting up is nine members per clan. However this is not set up to limit how many clans per their or visiting server. So really it is just an internal game that other proms are being invited to play. A good idea but not different from other games that have clans.

I was kind of wishing that someone would get around to make a game that one ambassador from each server would hand pick their own members and each have only one team.

Oh, and he have no way to know, but links to other sites must be placed in the Spa forum.

*moves, leaves link*

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Mawerick

Peace Alliance: The link was put up on Age of Conflicts websites. One of the Valhall members put up a list over some servers, so, when I saw this link, I wanted to take a closer look, and saw that your playerbase seemed very good. So, regardless of skill level, you are all invited. Remember this is a clan competition, and not a server competition. So, players from this site are more than welcome to come over.

I see that wolf bite mentioned FAF. Maybe you could PM me the url to their site, because I think I have not been over there.

About Valhall, the playerbase has been high, but you know, people are retireing, and not too much new blood is coming up. So I do as much as I can to keep a decent playerbase.

Our servers:
- Valhall Gauntlet: 250/100 1/10 - Slow server which is made so old school as possible.
- Valhall Vintage: 250/150 2/10 - Faster server meant to be old school. But has much of the valhall functions, so it's not that old school.
- Valhall Strategy: 500/200 3/10 - Our main server. This is a server where being a good strategist is the main thing. Very hard to kill there, so if you want to kill, you really need to consider if it's worth it. So, wars are being fought with STD attacks and spells. It's a lot of changes this set, so we will see how that turns out.
- Valhall Battlefield: 500/200 5/10 - A fast point based solo server. You get points making damage and kill.

As wolf bites says, 9 members max per clan. And cooperation between other clans are forbidden. It's hard to control that, but last clan competition got damaged because of cooperation. Clans from TAB creations cooperated and worked like a 25 man clan to kill all the other clans. So, on Clan Competition, the killing will be made harder, this is supposed to be a netting competition, not a killing competition. If people want to kill, that's a last resort tactic.

You also need 3 members atleast for declaring war. On that way we avoid many 1 man clans waring who they want.

So, I hope you are keen on playing. We have a forum there, so every suggestion is appreciated. Also, we have a CC server up there. It's meant for beta testing. But turns are not going. You start with 1000 turns, and can do what you want with them. Feel free to delete when you are done, or ask #2 for more turns. I will not be online before Monday again, so I apologise if it's long response time from me.

To the end I will repeat myself and say this is not a server war, but a clan war. If you have a couple of clans dominating here, they can feel free to come over with their clan. And you can choose members from other servers aswell. As long as you don't cooperate with other clans, for example having attack runs on other clans from other servers, because that clan did offenses against your friend clan from this server. If you see what I mean. But this is hard to control.

Thanks.

Dead Eye

Guys, you all talk about advertising for RWL. Here's how you do it. We need at least 9 of us, probably the best 9 we can find, to go over there and show skill. Make friends, make enemies, represent RWL. Perhaps send 2 clans worth of RWL members there. Talking will happen, some will want to beat Peace Alliance and others on their own turf. They come over here. If you guys ever want to advertise for RWL and stop bi-a-tching, now's your chance.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

wolf bite

* PMs FAF link *

One thing kind of funny is that every time I go to a prom forum I do a search for my name. Even on small forums I find some quote of mine or something. This is the first time I have been on a forum in which I was not mentioned, and a forum as large as ours. Not to sound vain, but it made think that I retired too soon. Hehe.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Gen. Volkov

Heck wolf, you don't have to retire. Dead Eye makes a good point. Let's do it. I'll even take part, limited as my time is, if we (meaning RWL as a whole) can get more than 3 other good people. I think the current emp of reg (17 days now I think w00t!) qualifies as a good player. LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Beem

hehehe, send Josh, cloud, and Beatles over there.   Then we can just sit back and watch for a while. lol.

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Gen. Volkov

You mean watch them rip each other apart? How would that prove anything? Besides, do we really want cloud and Joah as our representatives? You know they will pull some stunt, and the people at Valhall will NOT like it.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Wolf Snare

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on February 04, 2006, 09:51:14 PM
Heck wolf, you don't have to retire. Dead Eye makes a good point. Let's do it. I'll even take part, limited as my time is, if we (meaning RWL as a whole) can get more than 3 other good people. I think the current emp of reg (17 days now I think w00t!) qualifies as a good player. LOL.

pffft. dont even pretend. I've been feeding you cash from day one. Of course never mentioning me is alright, but claiming that you solely have held first is a lie.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

No, you haven't. I took first and held it for awhile on my own, then you asked if I wanted help maintaining it, and I said, "sure, if you wish." Saying you have been feeding me cash from day one is the lie.

Wolf Snare

heh. reguardless. you were barely ahead of windy and you wouldnt have made emperor. I funneled you 50 - 60 bil, which would have gone to me and put me first. Pity.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Yes, well, you volunteered. I thanked you when you did. And you didn't want anyone to know that you were helping me as I remember. Furthermore, you did not send me 50-60 bil, you sent 40-45 bil. I appreciate it, but I made emp pretty much on my own merit. If I remember correctly, I got a food infusion and a small amount of cash from you during my run for emp, the big contributions didn't come until after I was already emp, and I was gonna step down, but you wanted me to stay emp.

windhound

eh, windy wouldnt have passed
making people nervous is fun
was wonderin how you made the, what, 30 mil net jump.. 

but yeah
goodluck to thoes who go
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Wolf Snare

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on February 05, 2006, 07:48:17 PM
Yes, well, you volunteered. I thanked you when you did. And you didn't want anyone to know that you were helping me as I remember. Furthermore, you did not send me 50-60 bil, you sent 40-45 bil. I appreciate it, but I made emp pretty much on my own merit. If I remember correctly, I got a food infusion and a small amount of cash from you during my run for emp, the big contributions didn't come until after I was already emp, and I was gonna step down, but you wanted me to stay emp.

yup... mmmhmmm. you were ahead by 3 mil NW and had three days to emperorship when I started helping you alot.
But I seem to recall devoting every run to making you food and getting you land in your earlier stages of emperorship.
And 45 - 50 bil? aka your whole NW,.. I dont see how you think you accomplished anything on your own.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)