Clan Competition

Started by Mawerick, February 03, 2006, 08:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Oh sorry, that was the OTHER one. I'm about to join in this one.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

Yeah, I joined their ?strategy? server. The guys over there have been rather cool so I thought I would give their version a shot. It has been almost a year since I have taken a ?turn? in a prom. I did my first run and it was far from one of my best. Hehe. I?m getting rusty, need WD-40 oil.

If anyone wants to team with wolf bite, BloodWake and the General for a round or two, lets give it a go. The round is half over so I am sure we will not do the biggest of finishes but well find out about the stuff they have added. And some people may make a few new friends, some of whom you may get to also join your clans here.

A few differences that should be noted.

Armies have different powers in the different ?counties,? So pick your main attacking army well and take note of the counties you are attacking and their defenses!

I miss some of Retto?s links that make finding targets easy. To see the full page you have to ?empire search? and change the max results to 250. Also no link to check the history of targets to see what they have been losing in, has to be done manually. Other then that, an easy game to move around in.

Some extras they have. News search shows war status of the different clans. The bank takes a lot of money, but a high ratio can get into your bank. Your leader ratio is stated on the main bar so you know where your own ratio is. Also they have a labour ratio (?labor? in American English) which I think is concerning your workers which ? I don?t see the value of knowing. (?) They have an in game clan forum. Their Markets and Tents (Huts in their game) is upside-down from ours, so don?t make the same mistake I always do and build the wrong one based on where you think it should be. Hehe.

And the thing that I am only guessing about now is that they have ?water? along with the land. I have not yet played with it, but it seems that for more turn usage, you can build docks (like farms) on them to save your real land from having many farms.

I am sure Mawerick can correct anything I am wrong on.

Oh, and what I was talking about being land based is whether the players play to use their land and keep it, or just keep swapping it to use during their turns. I think even this ?strategy? game is a land swapping game. So expect a lot of indy players, which may be the best way at least to come out of protection. Also know that they have the Heal power giving 2 health per turn, so after you build your structures Heal your lost health to save turns. When in attack mood, turns always have more value then a slight gain in cash or something. Lets say you are 80% health, you could feast 20 times and have the value of 20 turns in all areas plus a little extra food. Or you can spend 10 turns (to 100% health) and still have 10 turns left to take land and still get the value of using all 20 turns. With that extra land, you could build foragers that would give you extra food through your full run.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Wolf Snare

I've signed up and will join the clan when out of protection. time to rock Valhall :-D
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Mawerick

I see you weren't 100% sure what the purpose of water was. Well, you build docks on the water. 1 dock need 10 water. And, if you are on a killing run, and get the target down to 0 water, he won't be able to receive FA. We are working to get more use of the docks atm. Like having docks to give some defensepoints so it defends against galleon attacks.

About the labour it's just a value to see how satisfied your peasants are. If you have enough huts and good enough health and tax, they will be satisfied, and the labour will be 125%, which is max. Remember that everything you are producing is affected by labour. So, you need huts to farm. You need huts to make mana, you need huts to indy. Etc.

Production is dependent of labour.
Labour is dependent of huts and tax.

Some other shortcuts could be added. Maybe I will try to add something on the CC server. Right now I am a bit fed up of coding, so I will not code too much this week. But next week I might start again.

Blood Wake

could you add Redwall: Warlords to the list of allignments on the clan competition game?

and when the competition starts will the game be more set up like QMT or will it be like valhall? I saw that the water stuff is gone so I am guessing it will be just like QMT
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

cheeseanpickle

Quote from: Peace Alliance on February 03, 2006, 09:43:28 PM
Mawerick just out of curiousity, which website had the link to us?

Also, why not get some of your players to sign on our servers to show us your caliber. I see no reason in going over there if you guys aren't going to test our skills :)

im here :P

wolf bite

Welcome to our community. I am sure you will have fun here. You are welcome to post ?hellos? in the General Discussion Forum.

Many things are different on this server then yours. 90% of the people in game will be happy to help. You can also check our Help or Strategy forum for more information. If you still can?t get the info you want, you can PM myself or Peace Alliance on the forum or my accounts in the either game, which is Emperor #2.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Wolf Snare

There are a few things I dont quite understand about the valhall code. Mawerick, if you can, please explain to me why I was getting very little zepplins (500 a turn) while indying with over 25k barracks? I realize I picked the worst race to indy with, but that still seems unusually low to me. :-o
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

cheeseanpickle

Quote from: wolf bite on February 14, 2006, 11:39:12 AM
Welcome to our community.

thanks wolf bite :P and wolf snare...try using huts...and setting your tax rate...these will inrease your labour and that increases production. 10% tax 25% huts. As your huts fill with peaseants your labour increases and the porduction goes up :)

but these wont be neccessary factors at the CC

wolf bite

Yeah, I am having a bit of trouble with this production calculation too. In RWL farms and barracks operate the same no matter what the health is or how many workers you have. Only the markets are affected by workers living in Tents (worker Huts on Val). I would attack down to low health, then on my way back up notice that the more health I got, the more output I was doing. Playing with it, I found that about 30% worker Huts seemed to keep my labour rate at or near 125%. Since the structures are producing over 100%, the end result is that markets, farms, barracks are putting out as if they each had 25% more of them. That?s like having 75% more land being used.

I have found that it is much more useful to only make a few attacks, then build on it instead of dropping down to low health as you can cut in half your output. A good thing is that since this is a net-based game, the higher ranked people tend to only have on army and can easily be taken in the other armies. A check on their news or one standerd attack will tell you if they hove 0 of something. Also few stay logged in since the are not trying to protect their land. Those that are on-line seem not to, as of yet, on line attacked as they are waiting for you to get fat with land and sign out.

Another note, seems leaders come slowly, but don?t leave as fast as we are use to them doing. Are leaders affected at all by health or labour?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Gen. Volkov

*Is running pure mage strat and doing fine*
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

cheeseanpickle

leaders/wizzards are all affected by the labour code...

as too is mana....little bit of a tip...

build 25% huts 75% mage towers and when your generating mana watch the output...when your wizzard productions slows down (as your mage towers get filled up) demolish your huts and put them into 100% mage towers....

doing this allows you to lose less wizirds(leaders) when you get hit for lands... :-D

and make sure you get a good gremmy :P

Wolf Snare

hmm, what about after you get hit, and you have 0 huts, is the outcome of your mage spells affected by the labour code aswell?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

cheeseanpickle

Quote from: Wolf Snare on February 17, 2006, 09:21:18 AM
hmm, what about after you get hit, and you have 0 huts, is the outcome of your mage spells affected by the labour code aswell?

no the outcome of your spells are affected by your power ratio...over 180 (roughly) and youll lose wizzies

Wolf Snare

:-D thanks, I somewhat figured out a strategy. I think that sacking at valhall should be less powerful though. it can really hurt :-(
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)