The future of zeppelins

Started by Aqualis, January 22, 2006, 03:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Gen. Volkov

I heard about this, they are trying to bring zeppelins back into popularity.

Did you know that at one time the US. Navy did experiment with zeppelin aircraft carriers. Then later with B-36's. The first attempt worked well until the Zeps started crashing, the second, not so much. 3 test pilots were killed and they abandoned the project.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

I will not deleted this

Ashyra Nightwing

I'd like to buy a zeppelin one day. And then I'll go round the world.... yeah, yeah, I know you've heard this story before. XD

Aqualis

There are much cheaper ways to do that.

*interesting thought, goes off to research*

Surprise surprise. There is at least one webiste with infomation about building your own.

http://www.myairship.com/building/index.html

and another

http://www.thirtythousandfeet.com/airships.htm

Apparently, "buid your own blimp" get more accurate hits than "build your own zeppelin", which brings up mostly Led Zeppelin relatdd stuff.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Blood Wake

I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Gen. Volkov

Black Sabbath is better. I don't care what stupid VH1 says.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Arguia Zsah

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on January 23, 2006, 11:54:59 AM
I'd like to buy a zeppelin one day. And then I'll go round the world.... yeah, yeah, I know you've heard this story before. XD

Shall I just say no comment?

no comment.

Blood Wake

dude, Sabbath isn't good enough to open for Zeppelin, I love Sabbath, but Zeppelin is pure awesomeness. lol.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Gen. Volkov

Holby

Led Zeppelin betterer, no question about it. I'm a Black Sabbath fan, too, but they have nothing on my precious Zeppelin.
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

LOL. I like, ok love,  Zeppelin, but for me, you just can't get much better than Iron Man.

Holby

That's like Neo's favourite song. darn RAFers.

I will not deleted this

Blood Wake

I hate that song so much. lol. its way too over-rated. Paranoid, thats a good one, and War Pigs is really good too.

h

Gen. Volkov

Ooo... War Pigs. That song pwns. LOL Wake hates Iron Man, I find that extremely funny for some reason. LOL.

Is it then Holbs? Sweet. RAF! S!