Anime...

Started by Rheorix, January 19, 2006, 02:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What animated series (If you've seen them) did you like best?

Full Metal Alchemist
2 (18.2%)
Inuyasha
2 (18.2%)
Samurai Champloo
1 (9.1%)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
3 (27.3%)
.hack//
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Rheorix

I love anime.  But right now I'm really into Inuyasha.  Just wonering what everyone else thinks. :-D

Arguing online is like running in the Special Olympics.? Even if you win, you're still retarted.

Aqualis

My cousin's getting into anime. Otogi Zoshi to be specific. But I myself am not. Though I have thought about it.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Arguia Zsah

Anime =  :? to me. =P

Rheorix

Arguing online is like running in the Special Olympics.? Even if you win, you're still retarted.

The Lady Shael

I don't know anything about the anime up there, I've heard of them all, just don't know anything else about them. I used to follow a couple anime series....I watched all of Scrapped Princess, and then I followed One Piece, and a little bit of Naruto, but that was it. One Piece mostly. ^_^ I haven't had time lately though, so I'm waaaay behind.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

Evangelion of the ones up there, or Inuyasha.. I really like this one called Vandread though.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Rheorix

I've yet to watch Vandread, what is it about?

Gen. Volkov

Two planets, one entirely female, one entirely male in the centuries after humanity has left Earth, are at War, and in the midst of the war, an old ship is discovered by a group of pirates and it merges with there ship. From there various adventrues ensue leading up to the discovering that Earth has been decimated by wars and its human population has ceased to really be human, and the enviroment has become so toxic that they need a constant supply of "replacement" body parts. At first they grew them in vats, but as the enviorment got worse, they switched to harvesting them from the colonies. Of course the real humans out in the colonies fight back, and this all leads up to a climactic battle. Very well done, a little strange at times, and somewhat overly verbose when the characters fight, as well as when they make philosophical revelations. But its a very good anime.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Rheorix

SOunds good, have ou seen Elfen Leid?

Gen. Volkov

No.. never even heard of it.

Rheorix

Elfen Leid is about mutants, mostly girls with horns, that have a bunch of invisible arms.  THey go crazy and rip people apart.  IT's an interesting series.  I'll have to check out Vandread, it sounds interesting.

Arguia Zsah

Rheorix

Quote from: Arguia Zsah on August 09, 1973, 03:45:57 PM
Neither. Never watched any.

Anime is like Liver and Onions.

Some like it, some dont, some won't try it.

It's all good. :D

Beem

Quote from: Rheorix on January 19, 2006, 02:28:07 AM
I love anime.  But right now I'm really into Inuyasha.  Just wonering what everyone else thinks. :-D
I voted .hack// of the ones up there.

Blegh... do not speak to me of Inu Yasha.   I spent 5 days straigth just watching those episodes, just forever!   THEN I GET TO THE END AND IT PISSES ME OFF AND SUCKS SO MANY [round things] ITS MOUTH WANTS TO EXPLODE!   Leave Inu Yasha where it is... do not continue the series O.O! be warned.

Anyway other series I love that weren't listed:
Rune Soldier
AzuManga Diaoh
Noir <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3!
Naruto
Ghost in the Shell
Puni Puni Poemi
Excell Saga
Serial Experiment Lain
Card Captor Sakura
Sailor Moon
My Neighbor Totoro
Castle in the Sky
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Last Exile <3<3<3<3<3<3<3!
and more.

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Rheorix

I love Saior Moon as well.  Hee hee, geekery.

Ghost in The Shell Stand alone is good too.