9 People online

Started by Neobaron, January 17, 2006, 01:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neobaron

And for your information:

There is a keen difference between Rednecks, Hillbillies, and Southern people.

We all 3 have manners, we dont say "yes" we say "yessir/ma'am" followed by "please" regardless of who we're talking to. When we leave a resteraunt, we thank our waiter/waitress even if she sucked, because its polite.

The same goes for anyone who is doing you a service; even if the cop gave you a 300 dollar ticket, hes still "sir", and not out of fear either. Thats respect.

We respect old people simply because theyre old, not because they have to "earn" it. They made the world the way it is today, however little they actually matter int eh grand scheme.

Women are not breadwinners. They are respected members of the household and are loved and treated like queens; not because thats nice, but because thats the way a house works according to the Christian bible.

Oh, and we're all heart and soul christians, and most of that being Baptist. (Unless youre foreign, then we dont care what you are, but you better expect to deal with the local church outreach program.)

Baptists arent the first ones to emphasize how bad hell is. Jesus did it first. Only 10% of his actual words described heaven... most of the rest was how nasty hell is going to be.

However.

Rednecks: tend to be layed back. they own the guns, and they get drunk a lot and shoot them into the sky on major holidays. They tend to have money in the family, but detest city life so they live out in the boonies so they can be themselves without pissing off the rich neighbors who either:
a) pretend like theyre high and mighty yankees
or
b) are old. (another respect thing)

They often disdain lazy city people/yankees and monority workes who arent productive, yet still get paid. They will often times do something themselves even if theyre not qualified for the challenge, whereas yankees either dont have time or the constitution to learn something new. They are fiercely polite, and if youre not polite, prepare for a beatdown.

Hillbillies: Do, infact, inhabit the hills and mountains of the southern appalachian mountains. Tend not to get along well with rednecks, as they see another hardy people as their enemies due to the competition for work and respect. Own guns, and will oftentimes bring home dinner with them... not ebcause they have to, but because everythings better when its killed, skinned, and cooked by ones own hand. They fish, a lot, and eat whatever they cook. They feed leftovers (heads, misc parts) to their animals because thats the natural diet of animals; other animals. They oftentimes laugh at vegetarians and other "misfits" but care little for their whining and would just as soon toss them across the lake as listen to their whining about dinner; hospitality goes as far as a roof and a meal, manners picks up with eating whats on the table and thanking "momma" for cooking. ?

Southern People: Are the most polite and affluent people you could ever meet. They do live in larger houses, and they do have real neighborhoods free of drugs and other undesireable facets of society. They are republicans, and fiercely back whoever is in charge... even if theyre a flaming godless liberal, because thats what the role of a people is; to back its government regardless of tis flaws. They indulge in the more interesting facets of foreign society, and still enjoy to work regardless of money and availability of cheap labor.

------

Dont you EVER call me a hillbilly again. >=-|

And im not kidding, im dead serious.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Neobaron

Quote from: Rheorix on January 20, 2006, 07:41:22 PM
I find your "owning" slighlty predjudice. I mean, just because you're from FLorida doesn't mean I'm going to assume you're old, y'know? :-(

LOL!

Im not very humorous am I?

Only in real time, and even then you have to know me.

Im sorry if i offended you, it was actually directed at Volkov. =-)

Rheorix

Quote from: Neobaron on January 20, 2006, 08:05:28 PM

Women are not breadwinners. They are respected members of the household and are loved and treated like queens; not because thats nice, but because thats the way a house works according to the Christian bible.

Welcome to the milenium.  I'm a breadwinner, and I'm also don't listen to Christian mumbo-jumbo.

Now you've offended me.  But you're beliefs are your own so that's alright. 

I said "sah" because Rabbits say it in the Redwall series, and I found it applicable to the text we were running.

Arguing online is like running in the Special Olympics.? Even if you win, you're still retarted.

Neobaron

Now im not looking for a flame war with you.

Down south, things are different.

If you want to disagree with me, ok. I dont have a choice in the matter whether or not you agree with me, and the fact that we see things differently is an example of the way things run in the country.

It doesnt offend me that women outside of the south (and some women in the city regions here) have jobs, quite frankly; I dont care. If they want to pass up a life of luxury doing whatever it is they want to do, thats their decision, and its not my, or anybody elses place, to question that.

---

Getting offended because our "customs" may be different isnt the way to go... thats what leads to nasty debates and at one point in our history, a civil war.

A society that is free is one that houses many different opinions, im just laying things out the way they are down here ma'am.

Nothing more. I, personally, am a deist, for example, but i do accept christianity as my religion of choice.

---

Its all in yor raising and where you were born...

Rheorix

I didn't consider it flaming.  But you are right.  Customs are different.

In the end, tis all good.

Arguing online is like running in the Special Olympics.? Even if you win, you're still retarted.

Aqualis

Quote from: Neobaron on January 20, 2006, 08:05:28 PM
They are republicans, and fiercely back whoever is in charge... even if theyre a flaming godless liberal, because thats what the role of a people is; to back its government regardless of tis flaws.

Ack, grr. *bites tounge*

*bites harder*
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Rheorix

Ack, grr. *bites tounge*

*bites harder*

*pat pat*  I feel the same way.

Aqualis

Quote from: Rheorix on January 21, 2006, 02:22:52 PM
*pat pat*  I feel the same way.

About which part? I just realized that I quoted it so that it could be taken multiple ways.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Rheorix

Just that I'm biting my tounge.

Gen. Volkov

Neo, you may not be a darn hillbilly, but you are not "southern" as I know the word. You think your southern? Bah. My GRANDMA was southern. A Southern bell to be exact. I know exactly what I'm talking about. Over half my realtives are Southerners and when I was younger my family went to Charleston South Carolina every summer. And affluent? They were GENTRY. Don't lecture me on what it is to be southern. And Southerners may be polite, but that's a veneer, they can be some of the nastiest people in the world when they want, and do it all with a smile on their faces.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Neobaron

If im not southern then youre not American, sir.

Gen. Volkov

[edit] Ok, your southern, just not like my grandma was.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Neobaron

Yes, im glad we had that conversation on AIM =-)

(Just to make sure everyone understands what just happened)

Gen. Volkov

Holby

I will not deleted this