13 hours

Started by Aqualis, January 15, 2006, 09:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqualis

w00t

I am thirteen hours ahead of Volkov in online time.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

The Lady Shael

aka, Aqualis really needs to get a life. :- p
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Rheorix

That's mean! Hehee.  I'm the same way though.  I always have two browsers open at all times.

One to RWL game, one to the forums.  At all times.

Sometimes though, I'm not here.  But that's rare lately.

Arguing online is like running in the Special Olympics.? Even if you win, you're still retarted.

windhound

two browser windows?  IE user?

give firefox a try, www.mozilla.com
I've got..  eh..  14 tabs open..  plus the fact that firefox has fewer security risks than IE..  and the bookmark setup is spiffy

I've got a few hours logged..  justa few..  2 days and a few odd hours..  gads thats a small chunk of time..  but I usually leave the tab open and go do somthin else, then come back..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Rheorix

I had Firefox, but somewhere it got weird.  It won't update so I can't view hardly anything with it. :(

I want my Firefox back too.

Arguing online is like running in the Special Olympics.? Even if you win, you're still retarted.

windhound

uninstall, then reinstall with the newest download (1.5), 1.07 is more stable though, it should be availible for download if you'd rather use it

Mozilla is nice as well, but a little heavier than firefox and missing a few things while adding other features
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Rheorix

I've tried that several times.  It won't update because it says an option is blocked to do so, but none of them are.

windhound

you need to do a clean remove from your computer, including all personal settings (backup your bookmarks if you want to keep them)
just go through the add/remove program thing in your windows control panel, get a fresh install file, and try once more
if that doesnt work then there would seem to be something else wrong with your computer.. 

there are also ways of running firefox without installing it (portable) http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/browsers/portable_firefox
just download, unzip, and run

Rheorix

I need to just clean the system.? GOnna wipe the stinking thing.

Edit:  I went and did what you suggested but it looks like it's still doing it.  Maybe I just need to wipe it or something.   I'd rather do that.

Thanks for the help and advice though.

Neobaron

Ive said you were a nerd before Aquilis.

You should DL red baron. *nod*
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Aqualis

Quote from: The Lady Shael on January 15, 2006, 10:43:50 PM
aka, Aqualis really needs to get a life. :- p

I have a life, believe it or not. I was up all Friday night and part of Saturday with friends. You just forget that I have unholy amounts of free time.

[edit: The obligatory: Firfox rox!]

~the mighta awualis

Gen. Volkov

Bah. I've been without internet for 2 days is all.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Aqualis

~the mighta awualis

Gen. Volkov

LOL. Not on purpose. Darn DSL company started "having problems in our service area".
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Aqualis

Quote from: Neobaron on January 16, 2006, 12:21:52 AM
You should DL red baron. *nod*

I have no need to download it. I own it.

~the mighta awualis