Stats?

Started by Neobaron, January 09, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beem

Quote from: Wolf Snare on January 16, 2006, 12:06:19 AM
Peace alliance has nothing to do with this. Listen. I understand you havent taken a liking to Karen. That much is obvious. But calling her a guy?? you, good sir, are begining to piss me off.

Who isn't pissing you off?  Honestly, your girlfriend is kinda just like a puppet for a second account if you ask me, so might as well just call her a he as it is practically you.   But that's that, until RWL rules are rewritten, making maxing out attacks purposefully on another player considered cheating, there is not much else to do.   So I end my posting on this subject here.

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

cloud

snare, dogs aren't humans :\
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Ruddertail

Quote from: Wolf Snare on January 15, 2006, 11:59:41 PM
rudder. just wait.

I am waiting, sir, as I can do nothing else at this time. If you insist on fighting against me for this percived offense, then I will fight. Do not assume that just because I am new to RWL I am a n00b, nor that I have no skills, or no allies. I will fight you to the best of my ability, and if I parish beneath your blade, will know that I have been beaten fairly and honestly, and will not begrudge you your victory.

I honestly mean no offense, and see no reason for this emnity between us. Yet if you persist, I cannot defuse it. Good day, sir.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

cloud

Quote from: Ruddertail on January 16, 2006, 12:11:51 AM
rudder. just wait.

I am waiting, sir, as I can do nothing else at this time. If you insist on fighting against me for this percived offense, then I will fight. Do not assume that just because I am new to RWL I am a n00b, nor that I have no skills, or no allies. I will fight you to the best of my ability, and if I parish beneath your blade, will know that I have been beaten fairly and honestly, and will not begrudge you your victory.

I honestly mean no offense, and see no reason for this emnity between us. Yet if you persist, I cannot defuse it. Good day, sir.

stop using big elaborate words to hide behind your nerdiness. You're trying to act all high and mighty while you probably won't even make/hold top 10 once this really gets started.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Ruddertail

I am simply trying to be polite. Perhaps you are correct, that may not be the best way to do it. Though I do enjoy talking in that old fashioned way...

I never said I was going to make/hold the top ten. I simply stated I wasn't a total n00b, and had some playing skills.
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Wolf Snare

people keep responding but all I hear is BLAH BLAH BLAH. This is moving about the speed of an aim conversation. And seeeing as how this disscussion is leading no where, I suggest we take it over to AIM. wolfsnare101
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ruddertail

AIM: ruddertail

I'll be happy to try to reconsile things there.
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

Wolf Snare

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Holby

Wolf Snare, believe it or not, you're rather paranoid...

windy was not deliberately insulting your girlfriend, I think he assumed that Karen was actually a guy. This is not illogical, I think we've had more female impersonators than actual girls playing.

Cloud thinks it's terribly funny to randomly insult and further flame the fires. I would hope some mod/admin inervention is forthcoming, but nothing to do but wait for it.

And yes, Peace, I think Ruddertail is cool, too. And doing the right thing.

I also agree with the general assessment of cowardly methods, etc. Actually, it's tactically very clever. But to boast of the position and "skill" in being there is unwise. To prove it, yes, stop the attacks, and let her fight for herself. But if what you tell us is true, Wolf Snare, she /is/ just a puppet and you're holding her hand all the way. No real Empress but one in your ego-driven mind... Molding an empress. Sad, really. And you can expect this sort of reaction if you/karen want public acclaim for your "success".
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

--
Just a quick warning, if you continue to spam/insult ANY more in the topic, i will close it immidiatly. As for now i think it can be resurrected.
--

Okey, in regards to Karens stratagy. I do agree, that it is somewhat cowardly, and something cheap. But unfortunately, its part of the games code. We all know that working together is a large part of the game, it just so happens that the code has a design that allows these three to benifit mostly by proping one player up and maxing that player out.
We could solve this issue with changes to the code i'm sure. But we'll have to think long and hard about how to do so. Know though, that this in my opinion this is more an issue with the design of the game, rather then the playing styles of these players.

In the past, we have learned about a lot of imbalences to the game from players doing the same thing that these three are. We learned how overpowered the Pressgang ability was, we've learned in more recent times how overpowered Goldmine is... We shouldn't just blame the players who are exploiting these unbalences, but rather work to try to build a completely even game. One where players can't be propped up so easily. One where the best way to work together with teammates is to actually be in a clan with them.

Wolf Snare

Peace, Holby, that was touching. Just want to point out a few things though.
Firstly, I don't believe my attempts at defending Karens honour should be seen as paranoia.
I think this blew out of proportion, but I had every reason to do so. I came online, to find my girlfriend hadn't exactly made too many friends, and she was rather upset about some of the comments people had made in the forums. I came in to see what the problem was, and sure enough, I found several people insulting her. This, as you may have been able to see, ticked me off. And you can all fill in the rest for yourselves.

Next, I just want to clarify something. I understand the majority of the game thinks this strategy is cowardly, and you are all entitled to your own opinions. I do not, however, like it when you all assume things.
I am maxing her in reg for now, but to tell the truth, I dont think she will need it much longer. Bear with me, if I hadn't helped her like I have been, she would not be in first right now. I've been working with her PLENTY in turbo over the past few days, and though it has been painful at times, I think it can be safely said that she has got the hang of things nicely. Now, I see no harm in giving a new player a head start in reg, unless, when the time comes, you arent sure you will be able to break her? ^_^

And yes, Ruddertail is cool. After this heated debate last night, I talked to him on aim. Very nice guy.

In closing, just remember that I don't intend to keep Karen maxed forever, and when I'm sure she knows what shes doing, I will stop. Please, refrain from making any further negative comments about my girlfriend, her strategy, or anything in general. I hope this is settled. Good day.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

They can feel free to comment negatively about your teammates stratagies, Wolf Snare. As long as its not a personal attack.

Maxing her out untill she's stored up enough resources to be able to fend people off? Not just a head start, i would say. but part of the game none the less

Wolf Snare

Thank you Ollie, but wouldn't you rather just see this finished?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Badrang the Tyrant

Quote from: cloud on January 16, 2006, 12:13:07 AM
Quote from: Ruddertail on January 16, 2006, 12:11:51 AM
rudder. just wait.

stop using big elaborate words to hide behind your nerdiness. You're trying to act all high and mighty while you probably won't even make/hold top 10 once this really gets started.
Hold on good sir!  If Rudder played RWL for as long as you have, he'd be spanking not only the pants off you, but also your underwear as well (try not get any pictures in your mind's eye after that).  If you really want to see how good the FAF chaps are, sign up on WOA.

Josh

i know how good the FAF chaps are
i seem to remember running them into the ground for 3 months
till enough peoples complained to beatles and he reset..