favorite bands

Green day
Gorillaz
Linkin park
Beatles
U2

Deathclaw

Quote from: The Lady Shael on August 16, 2006, 01:02:51 PM
*is very sheltered when it comes to music* I prefer buying CDs rather than downloading songs...

Shael listens to:
Sugarcult
Yellowcard
Relient K
Three Days Grace
All-American Rejects
Breaking Benjamin
The Killers
Hoobastank
Sum 41
Muse
Goo Goo Dolls
Staind
3 Doors Down

and random songs by other bands.

Some of those are ok. Everyone try listening to the following bands (little to no screamage so you might like them): Secondhand Serenade, The Scene Aesthetic, The Spill Canvas, and The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Gen. Volkov

QuoteBut no where close to the likes of underOATH, Senses Fail, The Classic Crime, etc.

INFIDEL! Those are the bands that made it POSSIBLE for you to listen to your screamo. UnderOATH is TEH SUCK compared to The Beatles. Or Led Zeppelin.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Deathclaw

Uh no. I tried liking the Beatles. Didn't work out too well. I have 1 CD by them and don't listen to it ever. underOATH owns the Beatles.

TR Shadow

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on August 17, 2006, 04:08:42 AM
QuoteBut no where close to the likes of underOATH, Senses Fail, The Classic Crime, etc.

INFIDEL! Those are the bands that made it POSSIBLE for you to listen to your screamo. UnderOATH is TEH SUCK compared to The Beatles. Or Led Zeppelin.

Heheh.  I read that wrong the first time and thought it said 'infertile'.

Jason can't have babieeeeeeeees.

The Lady Shael

LOL. Wow. That made me laugh.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

Deathclaw has no appreciation for music and for people who can actually play their instruments. Sheer volume does not cancel lack of musical ability. UnderOATH isn't fit to be a worm on John Lennon's decomposing corpse.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Deathclaw

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on August 22, 2006, 10:03:09 PM
Deathclaw has no appreciation for music and for people who can actually play their instruments. Sheer volume does not cancel lack of musical ability. UnderOATH isn't fit to be a worm on John Lennon's decomposing corpse.

underOATH can play their instruments. and sing/scream amazingly. Spencer has a better voice than Lennon. And I do appreciate music, good music such as underOATH/Cute Is What We Aim For/Senses Fail etc.

Gen. Volkov

BS. One, it's emo. Two, how can he possibly be said to have a better voice than Lennon? You can't actually here his voice because he's screaming at the TOP OF HIS FREAKING LUNGS. Three, they have the capability to play a basic melody on their instruments. I said actually play, which means complex chords and fingerings. The music you listen to may seem good to you, but it is in fact crap. Also, if I want to hear people scream, I'll listen to thrash metal, where the music is so loud, the only way to hear the performers is for them to scream. Because thrash metal bands can actually play their instruments. If you don't believe me, listen to anything from Pantera or anything from Metallica before the Black Album. Of course you may actually play the guitar or have any musicians in your family, so you may not know how tough what they do is, or the level of skill it shows. But if you really want to hear someone who can play the guitar, listen to AC/DC, or Led Zeppelin, or Jimi Hendrix.

Deathclaw

have you ever listened to underOATH? It isn't all screaming, there's also singing in it as well. And underOATH can play their instruments. and i listen to music for the singing more than the instruments. but underOATH do both aspects well.

Gen. Volkov

I've heard UnderOATH, not by choice, but I have heard the band. The little singing they do do is mediocre at best. And I said they have the capability to play a simple melody, if you want to classify that as "playing their instruments" go right ahead, but that sort of thing jsut doesn't grab me when I know there is so much better out there. Besides, there's already a music genre out their for people who are depressed. Unfotunately for the kids in emo bands, it requires skill at your instrument, it's called the blues. It blows the socks off any screamo or emo ever made. Kids used to laugh at me for listening to jazz and the blues, but I appreciate skill far more than I ever cared about my peers. UnderOATH lacks anything resembling skill.

Deathclaw

underOATH do have skill. I can't tolerate jazz personally. And the singing is way above mediocre.

Gen. Volkov

They do not have skill, they simply mask that with volume, but anyone with any musical background can usually spot that. You not being able to stand Jazz is your problem. And the singing is mediocre. I think you are confusing the lyrics, which you like, with the singing, which is mediocre.

Deathclaw

The singing is well above mediocre. And I am not such a retard that I confuse lyrics with singing.

Gen. Volkov

I didn't say you were a retard, but I'm telling you, they are not great singers. When they aren't screaming, or singing in a high pitched voice, they sound like one of a myriad of bands with young male vocalists. The problem is, there are very few real singers out there anymore to give one a reference point for how good these guys are, and to compound that, hardly anyone actually sings anymore. Much as I hate country, most of the singers in that business are pretty decent, they seem to be the only ones left who still sing. However, to get an idea of the difference between UnderOATH's singing, listen them, and then listen to Bing Crosby. Ignore the lyrics, and music, and listen to the voices, and you will here the difference between good singing... and UnderOATH.

Deathclaw

Country music sucks, and the sound of their voices are for the most part redneckish and sound crappy.