Problem

Started by David, December 05, 2005, 08:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

The News on the main login page:News Last Generated Mon, 05 Dec 2005 01:20:01 -0800
Peace Alliance (#21) died.
Hurt//Maim//Kill (#402) has risen from 2 to 1.
Turtle Dog''s Shadow (#531) has risen from 3 to 2.
Dust in the Wind (#888) has risen from 23 to 15.
Dust in the Wind (#888) has increased their networth by $17,124,831
Tratior (#970) has increased their networth by $9,408,622
Yellow Submarine (#977) has risen from 27 to 20.
Yellow Submarine (#977) has increased their networth by $9,678,555
Live Life Burn DIE (#952) died.
The Undead Hoard (#966) died.
Racers: Lords of Infinity (#945) Mulinators (#986)

The Scores list:
Rank   Warlord   Land   Networth   Clans   Race   Locations   O   D   K
1   Peace Alliance (#21)   160,356   $511,530,949   None   Marten   Mossflower Country   2338 (93%)   2367 (12%)   0
2   Hurt//Maim//Kill (#402)   29,094   $468,586,829   BA?   Wolf   Southsward   479 (93%)   551 (12%)   0
3   Turtle Dog''s Shadow (#531)   26,086   $263,859,321   BA?   Flitcheye   Burrowed Southsward   739 (92%)   853 (17%)   0
4   starburst (#335)   31,624   $199,684,797   BA?   Marten   Southsward   888 (95%)   1182 (11%)   0
5   Submarine (#820)   32,388   $191,735,241   BA?   Stoat   Southsward   206 (92%)   222 (14%)   0

what the heck is goin on? It said Peace got killed, but hes still in first.

windhound

*wishes mods could move topics*
this belongs in bugs really

but then again, its not a bug
'cause sticker did die from inactivity
but he was resurected from the dead
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ereptor

peace resurected himself?  what the heck.  Peace you need to explain exactly what just happened.  You remember what happened to me, and how the dark age ended.  And there have been a lot of people dieing of inactivity around here.  What makes you different.  I dont see any reason why wolfsnare or holby cant be resurected.   I demand an answer!
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Gen. Volkov

Actually.. times have changed a bit Ereptor. At least from what I understand, people can be resurrected now, if they died in this round. I believe wondy has. And a few others.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

mm, yeah
starburst died from neglect and was brought back

sticker told me he had to be off the computer for a week
either forgot or didnt have the chance to put his account in vacation

and if we let sticker's account remain dead, he takes with him about half the total land in the game as well
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

wolf bite

Under my rule as game admin, I will bring back the dead under certain conditions. The odds of it working is about 9 out of 10. When Ereptor died long ago, the Admin would actually have to go into the program and rebuild the player from scratch. Now we have buttons that automatically does it.

I do however find 2 interesting things in the above posts. First, Peace?s situation very likely would have fallen into the category to be brought back to life, but then I had no knowledge of this happening until I read the post. So may a playing admin make the decision to reactivate their own account?

Second, Mods can?t move topics?!?

(Checks database to find that Mods have NO powers. Gives them full powers besides accessing peoples accounts, deleting topics, and some forum management.)

*waits for Mods to move this topic to see if it worked*

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

windhound

nay wolf
I can sticky, lock, merge, remove, add to calendar, (had thoes before) but not actually move the topic

Dead Eye

So Peace told some one he had been away for a week, so his account got remade? Why don't I get to rank 1(yah right) build up so I won't be hit off, happen to die of neglection, than tell Shael or Retto that I had been away and forgot to go on vacation...
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

windhound

nah
sticker's was legit..  I trusts sticker..  and his account was only dead for like two days before he revived it, so its not like there was a huge opportunity loss there as far as somone being able to break him.. 
and his account wasnt rebuilt per say..  its basically a button that says 'revive' from what I understand, I believe the game makes a backup when you die from inactivity.. 

I think the inactivity length should be made longer, maybe two weeks.  given by the time you come back from two weeks there may not be much left to it, but it would still be alive..

Peace Alliance

I agree with everyone though, windy, that its not really right for me to to inactive when i can resurrect myself... I know you guys trust me, and i would never have the intention of cheating, but i could very easily have done this on purpose and thats why i think its unfair.

I didn't, however, do this on puspose. last thursday i made a sudden descision that i had to get off the computer for a bit (was worried that i'm addicted to World of Warctraft) so i unplugged my computer, and tried my best to shut off any thoughts of my computer life, lol.

So i'm sorry for lettin myself go inactive. I will try my best from allowing this to happen again, and just in case it does i'm gonna be dropping my land soon, so you can all have a feast on my hard-earned land...

Ereptor

ok i'll forgive you on one condition.  That you actually try to defend yourself and let us take it you by force.  This game is boring enough without you letting us have it for free.  Wheres the fun in that.  I just wanted an explanation.  I think something really needs to happen here in rwl.  Something needs to change.  The vacationers and the dead are marching up the ranks and that my friends is scary....oooooo..OOOOO
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Dead Eye

Peace, you know that wasn't a personal assult. And of course we trust you. And we want you to stay so we can break you.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Peace Alliance

okey, i will leave my defenses up then :)

might make another run to make 'em better too, ;)