Oregon Trail

Started by windhound, November 11, 2005, 03:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

anyone ever play it?  awesome game..
think it was my third grade teacher who had four computers in his room with Oregon Trail.. 
there was a dos version, but I couldnt find it for free, so I found the Apple ][ version and an emulator
great game
= D
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Almkman

Yeah, it was fun. I have the dos version, but floppy #2 is broken so  I can't play it.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Gen. Volkov

That game rocked. I have the updated version with better graphics. Its still good.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Aqualis

I've got a CD with Oregon Trail 2 hiding somewhere. Fun game.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Menatus

I love it!! I used to play that game all the time. :3

Wolf Snare

what in the hell is orenogs trails?? looks boring
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ruatine

Ah, nostalgia. I remember playing oregon trail when I was in 4th grade.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Gen. Volkov

Only the coolest game ever Snare. Of course it's always cool when you get to play games at school. No matter what the game.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

windhound

you can die from the trots ^___^

basically a simulator where you get to choise a character, buy supplies, then go try your luck on the oregan trail..  you cross rivers, have thieves steal from you, have random pieces of your wagon break, have people get sick and die..

much fun

edit:  and you get to hunt!  hehe..  pixelated deer, buffalo, squirrels and rabbits = D
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Menatus

Not to mention how stupid your characters are - the wagonload is too heavy! What shall we throw off mum? All our food!? Why can't we just throw out our Elizabethan Era Antique Wardrobe!?

Ereptor

played it.....loved it...shot lots of birdies...and elk
I liked naming family members and seeing who would survive...heh heh
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Gen. Volkov

I would name them after people I hated and then do horrible things to my party. It was very fun. So was shooting buffalo. So much that I couldn't carry it all back to the wagon. I've a feeling I'd be part of the reason buffalo were nearly exterminated had I lived back then. LOL.

Nohcnonk

THAT GAME WAS FREAKINg' SWEET!!!

Barkclaw2

I used to play that at school in elemetary school! It's awesome.
Sorry to all that I cause distress to. I can sometimes be a jerk (Well, ok, all the time). I don't mean to be.

The Lady Shael

Ah, I remember that game from 3rd and 4th grade...everyone would always be fighting over it...and everyone would end up dying before the end anyway.

We bought Amazon Trail later, that was a pretty good game too.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.