Rules for Reg reset

Started by wolf bite, November 08, 2005, 02:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Rules for Reg reset.

I was again asked how this works, so I am posting the rules as I remember them. Mind you that this is how I remember it and Retto may correct me if I am slightly wrong.

The concept of regular is unique to other games as it is supposed to be a never-ending ?king of the hill? game. But when either there is an emperor that has lasted for too long and stalls the game, or just a fresh look is needed, then members my request a reset.

When there is a movement to reset Regular, there must first be a poll in the forum requesting one. People vote. 50% of the active Admins must vote and post in the topic that they voted for the reset. If the poll wins after being up for long enough for a good discussion, then Retto will put an in game vote up by a link in game. This is to make sure only playing members vote on the actual poll. If that also wins, then about a 2 week notice will be given of when the reset will be.

This is not easy to do, nor is it supposed to be. I recall after I held the top for 4 months with my clan holding the top nine spots, we could not get a reset. Eventually we did a mass deletion of our accounts just to get the game moving again.

Before anyone starts a poll, lets post here your thoughts on this matter so if a poll is later started, most of the discussion has been done. I see the other postings about resets, but people have not posted their reasons that they want one.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Neobaron

Id say the game is just heating up... Ereptor is back, and netting about, people are joining again...

The only thing that needs to be reset is turbo.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

DemonSlavers

Yeah turbo.. just make sure neobaron says he my ally then attacks me for 15 k >:l
allo i am Demonslavers.  Feel welcome to P.M me anytime

Aim: Babylocke991

Email: Lockedapimp12@yahoo.com

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

windhound

*shrugs*

the alternative to a reset is thoes who want it simply delete and restart, preferrably dropping their defences for a day or two to allow land redistrobution..

pondering it I am
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Disdain

The only reason I'm for a reset is, it seems there are alot of past players that are returning and have indicated they want to start up after a reset. Although, I agree the easy way is to reset our own and just start over. But, unless everyone does it, it would have limited effects.

BTW, thanks Wolf for posting the "rules". I never knew it was a never-ending deal. makes sense there is a turbo for this very thing.

(click to enlarge)

wolf bite

I will not say I have decided in favor of a reset, but I do see some positives and some negatives.

On the ?yes, lets reset? side: the game has become very sluggish. With alliances so old and long lasting, there really is not much of a game. The membership has been dropping and if we properly advertised a new game, we could bring back older and new players which will bring some new life to regular.

On the ?no way? side: regular should really not be reset because some people are bored with it at this time. With such good competition like Eretor and Juska coming back, there is currently some good game play and realigning of allies.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

DemonSlavers

Yes Wolfbite, all that you said is true.  Also i that, Turbo despratly needs to be reseted.  A  new warlord just signed up and is in 9th place top ten, still in his 200 turn protection.  I think that is a sign that it needs to be reseted.  Also 80% of the warlords are on Vacation(Protection). 

This is just my opinion, though.  Thanks

~DemonSlavers~
allo i am Demonslavers.  Feel welcome to P.M me anytime

Aim: Babylocke991

Email: Lockedapimp12@yahoo.com

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

Gen. Volkov

Or maybe turbo sucks, and no one wants to play. It resets monthly. So it should have already actually. Someone go bug retto please.

As to the actual topic, I'd be favorable to a reset. The game has really ceased to be interesting. I'm just land farming people and goldmining. I have lotsa money, but what's the point? All the clans are settled, and the game has stagnated. I'd try to shake it up, but no one would join me cept a few. They're all to comfy where they are. Which is part of the reason Ereptor's little clan is so little. And like wolf said, advertising a reset would prolly attract people back and also new people. This game desperately needs new blood.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Neobaron

Um liek trust me... theres plenty of life left in this round.

windhound

*yawns*
*pokes Neo*

gerrouta noob mode
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Juska

At least a reset would disrupt Neo and Ereptor's alliance and make taking either of them down possible.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Ereptor

I think the only person worried about Ereptor and Neo's alliance is you.  heh heh.  *stares at peaces new found wealth*  Now that is more worrysome than others....*sends out spies*
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Neobaron

Juska

How am I a looney?

You two are allied.

But this isn't about me being a looney or your alliance so if you want to talk about make a new thread.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

David

Me thinks both turbo and reg need to be reset. No one is going to dare touch peace.