I own one but i dont like it
0 (0%)
They Stink i dont want one
1 (11.1%)
DS ROCKS
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

DemonSlavers

I have had a PSP ( Playstation Portable )  for roughly a year, and i have enjoyed it.  The games have way better graphics than any portable system out there.  Also i love the internet, i get on it everyday lol im on my psp typing this now!  It takes a while but i cant wait untill they keyboard comes out....  Anyways, i was just wondering... 

Thanks ~DemonSlavers~
allo i am Demonslavers.  Feel welcome to P.M me anytime

Aim: Babylocke991

Email: Lockedapimp12@yahoo.com

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

Aqualis

I want one, but for the money there are other things that I want more.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

windhound

none of the above

if somone gave one to me, I'd appricate it

but if I had to spend my own money, I'd get a DS
cheaper, more and better games, backwards compatible with the 2000+ gameboy adv. games

eh.  if I had to spend my own money I probably wouldnt get one..  neat toys, be fun for long trips, but 125 for the DS and 250+ for the PSP is still quite a bit..  and games are 30+ for DS and 40+ for PSP.. 

a major problem w/ the PSP reported was the extreme sensitivity of their disks..  worse than DVDs (which wont play if you get a finger print on them)
and rather short battery life..  less than 6 hours while the DS gets upwards 15..

*shrugs*
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Nohcnonk

GO DS!!!!!! *has one*  The only problem with the DS is it's lack of games.  But more (and good) games are coming soon.

The PSP is pretty cool, but I refuse to buy one. XD  I'd rather get an evilPod or some other MP3 player if I had the money.  Which I don't, since I'm saving up...

windhound

iPod != evil  :-P
they is spiffy
and apple's one year warrenty rocks ^_^

and there are plenty of games for the DS

PSP games are mostly console games scaled down to fit

Burnout is coming to the DS as well.. 
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

DemonSlavers

i agree yes they do make some games scaled down to fit.  But they also have new games, like the one i have twisted metal head on,  dynasty warriors on the psp is a all new one. Lot more but i don't feel like listing them all.  The reasons to get this over a DS.   
Yes i know their more money and if you only have enough for a DS then get it.. i mean their not bad just not better than a PSP.  But that is why there is a money difference.  With the extra 175 you pay, ( Sinice DS when down another 25 bucks )   you get a System with surround sound, Games with wayyyy better graphics, Internet acess, being able to set a pic from the internet on to your psp as a wall paper, now new and improved psp you can now get ON AIM and now even when you sign on then turn it off you will remain on untill you hit sign of aim,  Bigger screen, LCD Screen, Movies *high quality*,  Videos that you can download and play on here, MP3 player on here, securety setting and alot more, u can play ppl from house to house, lol and with DS picto chat you have to be kinda close... now what you can do is get on aim and talk ANYWHERE! Not sure if i missed anything but i prob did.  The best part is ALL OF THIS I FREE!!!  AIM, Ect, Ect.  The only thing that i said that is not free when you buy a psp is the Games of course.  This is why a psp blows a DS out of the water! :evil: PSP

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

Arguia Zsah

PSPs are pretty cool... like them... don't want one though.  :-)

windhound

I could get a PDA for ~200 that has as good graphics, easier internet access, picture viewer, decent games, and the ability to play music and movies
that, plus an alarm clock, schedual keeper, contacts manager, email client and a touch screen
all with the same or better battery life than the PSP and a much smaller case.. the PSP isnt exactly pocket sized..  nor is the DS for that matter..  unless you're talking cargo pants..
...typing must be a pain on the PSP...

the DS will also play movies with the adapter and has built in wireless, so once nintendo releases a massivly multiplayer game, such as animal crossings (to be released soonish..  if its not already out, lost track of it), they'll probably start using it more, in theory a world wide network would be setup so that somone in japan could play against somone in the us..  for free, w/o a subscription = P

in all seriousness why do the PSP and DS need to do anything but play games?

but yeah
they both have their + and -
the PSP wins in graphics
the DS wins in easy, durable game cards (vs. PSP disks)
the DS wins in battery life
the DS wins in backwards compatibility ('course, the PSP doesnt have anywhere to go back)
the DS wins in innovention with touchscreen and variable methods of controling said screen
the PSP wins in style.  the DS just isnt as sleek :-P

feel free to add

DemonSlavers

Psp Wins in better screen LCD
Psp wins in Online enbled games (FREE)
psp wins in longer direct connections between psp
psp can file share with other psps
psp wins in longer games... more story mode.
psp wins in MP3
Psp wins in set backgrounds
psp wins in Accessories, you can get a screen protecter lot more of that kind of stuff, a docking stand, and speakers to hook up to the psp, KEYBOARD THAT FOLDS DOWN coming out in a mounth
psp wins in size, smaller that a ds

Add More If u can, i bet i forgot some

And yes psp already has games online enabled for free.  i have twisted metal and i play ppl online every day!

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

Juska

A PSP does all the things of a comp only worse.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

windhound

Quote from: Dust In The Wind on November 05, 2005, 10:25:25 AM
psp wins in MP3
psp wins in Accessories, you can get a screen protecter lot more of that kind of stuff, a docking stand, and speakers to hook up to the psp, KEYBOARD THAT FOLDS DOWN coming out in a mounth

Add More If u can, i bet i forgot some

And yes psp already has games online enabled for free.  i have twisted metal and i play ppl online every day!

---yes
---both PSP and DS have this, thus tied
---apparently you can connect a DS to a wireless network, so if thats true than DS wins.  More of a tie
---DS can share GAMES with other DS (download a demo game to play multiplayer
---Castlevania and Pokemon (new version for DS coming out in summer 06 I think) are both long, storyline related games
psp wins in MP3
---I have an iPod w/ 15 hours of battery life, why would I want an mp3 player that gets 6 hours of playtime and is huge?  impractical
---are you looking at the backgrounds while playing a game? 
---DS have screen protectors, docks, speakers, cases, all that stuff too.  no keyboard, but I dont really see the need for one on a portable game system
---I donno, if it is its only very slight, both units are large

*shrugs*

PSP does all the things a PSII can do, only worse and ~5x more expensive

DemonSlavers

lol yes but it is PORTABLE.  And dude stop comparing, yeah i have an ipod were not comparing that, were comparing a DS and a psp not an  ipod.

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

windhound

"psp wins in MP3
---I have an iPod w/ 15 hours of battery life, why would I want an mp3 player that gets 6 hours of playtime and is huge?  impractical"

said it was impractical for a gaming system to play an mp3, besides, most of my newer music isnt in mp3..  ogg and m4a
and the DS has an adapter out that will let you play any audio format availible
you said you had a PSP, how many songs have you listened to on it?

not complaining.  I am discussing your list, most of it didnt make sence...  I actually did my research because I was curious  = P

edit: 
I've never owned a gaming system of anytype (excepting a computer), so I have no bias
but I do like shooting people down..  playing devils advocate and such, its funny to provoke thoes who hold bias

DemonSlavers

lol yes i guess thats why i love Twisted metal soo much!  And yeah i have about... 150 songs on there and 2 full length videos on it.

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

windhound

out of curiosity, how much room does one movie take up, and did you rip it yourself or download it?