RWL is expending!

Started by Tiger, October 31, 2005, 02:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

We've just opened a new RWL in complete Hebrew version!
there are over 200 israelis players and not much hebrew promisances...

our future goal is to combine the hebrew DB with English version and to make multiple languege selection...

we have server and sponsers and everything so far....

but...unfurtunally we have the most common problem in my opinion...

we have Crontab(Cronjobs) problems...

so..i would like to ask from all the proggramer who now's this to help us fix this 1 little problem...

("No Turns Yet!")..

i would apritiated if some1 would help us...

CAN YOU HELP US?... :?

wolf bite

*Does not move to help this time*

These guys have really been working on this and asking for some help in the help forum. They have been good members. They picked our version of prom to use, anyone that know how to help them would be very nice.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Badrang the Tyrant

Your problem may not be with crons...Make sure that the database is not locked and that turns are not locked in config.php.

Tiger

i think you ment "const.php"

and if you are how do i do this?

turnoffset=0
?.....

:?

Juska

head to qmt.ath.cx

ask Quietus

He made the code RWL's code is based on, is a far more capable coder than anyone here.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Badrang the Tyrant

I'm only familiar with the FAF code, and the servers are in config.php...

I'm thinking the turnoffset is correct the way you have it.

Do you have turns, but don't receive them?

Gen. Volkov

Well I dunno about that Juska. You might what to try FaF though, they've got several very capable coders there who actually pay attention to what's happening in the forums.

http://faf.staronesw.com/
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Devari

Hey,

I'm totally hopeless with crontab. Nonetheless, we'll see what I can do.

Before I can give you any instructions, you need to answer me three questions:

Is your server Linux/Unix?
Does your server have an administration tool such as CPanel?
Do you have ssh access to your server?

If you want help though, it would be probably better to go to my home turf - http://faf.staronesw.com/forum

I'd suggest posting in Academy, Help, Introductions. There are a couple other capable coders there who can probably help you. I also check there much more frequently.

Tiger

mmm...so iv'e posted this same post in the FAF forum in "General Discussion"
and also the same post in QTM forum...

i hope that some1 there would help me...i am not sure but i guess we are the 2nd to translate this fine game...
the 1st tranlated the old version over a year ago and have'nt updated her...and suddenly stoped login to the game as he forrgot what it is..
:)...

yeay for us...its really important to us that it would work...a over 200 player israeli coummunity is waiting for the new hebrew version...

PS.

I WAS RECOMMENDED BY FAF FORUM TO TRASLATE THE FAF GAME VERSION AND NOT THE RWL...
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THAT?... :-D

Devari

What do I think about it? :P

Personally, I think it would be easier, in the long run. I KNOW from testing on my own machine that there are some serious security problems with the base RWL code distribution. I'm not saying that what RWL itself runs is insecure (I haven't tested it, and I won't - it's not my server to mess with), but the January 22, 2005 release has some issues.

FAF also eliminates the need to set up crons, which can be really useful.

Ultimately, it's up to you. I'm willing to help you with your problem either way, but with this warning.

So, if you are going to stay with the RWL code... Please answer my questions so I can advise you.

Tiger

mmm...a lot to think...i really have a poor knoledge in order to fix the bugs...i would think about it...

do you have ICQ/MSGR which i can talk to you...?

Ashyra Nightwing

QuoteI WAS RECOMMENDED BY FAF FORUM TO TRASLATE THE FAF GAME VERSION AND NOT THE RWL...

Well, the FAF people would say that, wouldn't they? =P

Stick with RWL, we're awesome. =)

*runs away because she really doesn't know anything about coding*

windhound

= P

FAF is working on multi-lingual support anyhow
they're pushing people to use their code much more than Retto is

then again, Retto hasnt really been around much lately..  and there's a few buggies lurking..  (pressgang, taking cities, ect)

the look of RWL is softer, prettier than FAF..  but FAF has a few more features (integrated clan forums being possibly the best) and actually active people poking the code and availible for bug-fixes..

*shrugs*
RWL is also the eldest
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Badrang the Tyrant

You can also run any non-Leader strat at FAF and get somewhere without being uber good at it.

Neobaron

There are those that call him...? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?devari?

Quote from: Devari, but heavily edited by neo because its fun and im bored and stuff on November 01, 2005, 10:25:50 PM
Hey,

I'm totally hopeless with crontab. Nonetheless, we'll see what I can do... Oh stop graveling, I hate it!

Before I can give you any instructions, you need to answer me these questions 3:

WHAT... Is your server?
WHAT... Does your server have as an administration tool?
WHAT... Type of access do ou have to your server?

If you want help though, it would be probably better to go to my home turf - http://faf.staronesw.com/forum

I'd suggest posting in Academy, Help, Introductions. There are a couple other capable coders there who can probably help you. I also check there much more frequently.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.