Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Neobaron

darn... when i checked this thing yesterday morning, It was a category 1 =-(
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

windhound

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm24/projectedpath_large.html?from=wxcenter_maps

rather odd path...  before they were predicting it to head over New Orleans again
guess that the storm figgured they'd had enough
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Yep. Gonna slam Florida. Not sure at what strength yet. One of the strongest hurricanes ever currently. Winds at 175 mph, pressure 882. Stronger than Katrina, Andrew or Rita. It also has shown the quickest strengthening ever recorded for a hurricane. Something like Cat 1 to Cat 5 in 2 hours. And it may get even stronger. Most predictions have it coming ashore as a strong cat 3 or 4. (Cat being category, which is a classification of how strong the winds are. Cat three is winds over 111 mph, cat four is over 135, and cat five is anything over 155.)
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Neobaron

It shifts ~100 miles north every time they out a new cone out windy.

---

Based on the average failure rate of Weathermen, Im predicting that it will hit between Panama City and the Big Bend.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

The Lady Shael

I hate this so much. :'(

My school musical is having three shows this weekend, one on Friday and two on Saturday...and the hurricane is scheduled to hit Saturday morning, or at least sometime on Saturday. We've been through SO much work trying to get this musical off the ground (our arts department sucks because we're a nerd school, and we're six thousand dollars in debt because of this production) and it's actually looking spectacular, but I have no idea what we're going to do if it gets cancelled, because I don't know if it's possible for us to reschedule.

I have an ACT test on Saturday too. Hm.

It's also raining rather hard outside.

This is SO not cool. It's like Wilma's trying to make up for all the hurricanes that haven't hit us this year. I'd try to feel hopeful by not trusting the predicted path, because different meteorologists have different predictions...but this time most of them all seem to point at central Florida.

Hm, and if there's a hurricane after Wilma, it'll be Hurricane Alpha, and that'll be the first time that's ever happened, I believe...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

Yep. It would be the first ever. And Wilma isn't looking to be too strong when she hits Florida, thankfully. At least for Floridians. Mexican's are in for a lashing though. Wilma is a Cat 5 again and about to make landfall on Cancun.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES