Why it'd be great to be european

Started by Peace Alliance, October 14, 2005, 09:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vengerak

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on October 26, 2005, 01:29:28 PM
Bugger you to Venge. If I cared, I would have done it the correct way, and I wouldn't be arguing about it.

Lol; you're the most easily riled member of the board, Volky.? I was just ribbing you about your |33t English sk1llz, since you were criticizing someone else's.? Your opening sentence there is pretty crummy, btw.

QuoteSince I just being a jerk, I don't. Sometimes you just gotta let the inner redneck loose you know? Yep, there's a part of me that wants to get in a truck with a big engine, huge fat tires [tyres :p -Raine], put a 10 foot long american flag on a pole in the bed and drive like crazy around the countryside, terrifying small animals and yuppie prick suburbanites, even though I am one. :-P Course my brother IS a redneck, who drives fast cars and exactly the kind of truck I'm talking about, minus giant american flag, and my father DID grow up on a farm, and my grandparents were farmers, and I visted there alot, and I live in the most redneck northern state in the Union, Indiana.

?

QuoteAs to the rest of your post... um yeah, again, if I cared, I would not be arguing the point.

?

QuoteThough I would like to know where you think America has been "far outstripped" by Russia and China.

Russian ASM systems (and by extension the Chinese they're being sold to) blow American ones (and potentially American ships) clean out of the water.? I reckon the US will remain more or less inviolate for a long, long time simply because of its advantageous geographical location and geopolitical connections, but that's not to say they're the be all and end all.? I doubt their ability to win a war against China in China, is all.

QuoteAnd who's military are you talking about at the end there?

Germany's and Japan's.? Though there have been others.?

QuoteNot meant to be a serious debate though. It's in the SPA ROOM.

I heartily agree.? You're the one taking it seriously.? :wink:

QuoteIf I wanted to be serious, poilitically correct,

Bleh.? Political correctness sucks.? That's a serious debate in itself.

Quoteand have no fun,

I dunno, I reckon fun can be had with most any sort of debate.

QuoteI wouldn't have said what I said. So again, bugger you.

Ewww.? I'd sooner you didn't.

Gen. Volkov

Actually I'm not riled at all. It was more of a good natured thing. Honestly, I could care less.

And you don't have to respond to nearly every part of my posts... I'm not exactly being Descartes over here, outlining a new philosophical argument, I'm just goofing off.

I heartily agree.? You're the one taking it seriously.
I am? News to me.

Though I would like to know where you think America has been "far outstripped" by Russia and China.

Russian ASM systems (and by extension the Chinese they're being sold to) blow American ones (and potentially American ships) clean out of the water.? I reckon the US will remain more or less inviolate for a long, long time simply because of its advantageous geographical location and geopolitical connections, but that's not to say they're the be all and end all.? I doubt their ability to win a war against China in China, is all.

If you say so. Maybe before Russia collapsed, but nowadays most of those systems are so much junk. I'm more afraid of the Silkworm antiship missile, which while an adaptation, has some serious improvements on the Russian model. I don't doubt our ability to win a war in china currently, much further into the future, prolly not, but now, I think we could win.

And who's military are you talking about at the end there?

Germany's and Japan's.? Though there have been others.?

Didn't we beat them though? And by the end, we outstripped the Japanese in every area of performance by a fairly big margin, Germany, that's another story, but that was just quantity over quality. Of all the powers, they had the best tanks. ( I still say the Tiger was a better tank than the T-34, no matter what some experts say. Tiger could beat a T-34 one on one, though it was alot closer than a Sherman and a Tiger, the Russian's just had more of em.) We just swarmed them under. And that was WW2, its a totally different ballgame now. For one thing we maintained our Army at something approaching respectable force levels. Bah. I don't care enough right now. Maybe later.

If I wanted to be serious, poilitically correct,

Bleh.? Political correctness sucks.? That's a serious debate in itself.
Not so much debate as preaching to the choir. I just tend to be more politically correct because of the all these superliberal canadians running around here. *Sticks tongue out at PA*
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Neobaron

The endall to this whole debate.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/numanuma.html

America is now teh l33t with no detracors.

---

btw, this guy kind of looks like Volkov.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Gen. Volkov

What? He looks nothing like me. He does look a little like you though. :P

But as to the main point.. yes that proves it.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Vengerak

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on October 27, 2005, 09:37:30 PM
Actually I'm not riled at all.

:wink:

QuoteAnd you don't have to respond to nearly every part of my posts... I'm not exactly being Descartes over here, outlining a new philosophical argument, I'm just goofing off.

Hey, it's what I do.

QuoteI am? News to me.

Honestly, man.  You've got to pay more attention.

QuoteIf you say so. Maybe before Russia collapsed, but nowadays most of those systems are so much junk. I'm more afraid of the Silkworm antiship missile, which while an adaptation, has some serious improvements on the Russian model. I don't doubt our ability to win a war in china currently, much further into the future, prolly not, but now, I think we could win.

Russia has a lot of excellent high technology military gear which it shouldn't really be investing in.  Qualitatively, it's still a force.  And hey, if you think an invasion and occupation of China is feasible, that's your funeral.

QuoteDidn't we beat them though? And by the end, we outstripped the Japanese in every area of performance by a fairly big margin,

The Japanese still had some good stuff (like the Raiden) but yeah, they were in a total shambles by the end. 

QuoteGermany, that's another story, but that was just quantity over quality. Of all the powers, they had the best tanks. ( I still say the Tiger was a better tank than the T-34, no matter what some experts say. Tiger could beat a T-34 one on one, though it was alot closer than a Sherman and a Tiger, the Russian's just had more of em.) We just swarmed them under.

Some of that was a little lost on me because of grammar issues, but you're correct, they Tiger twenty times the superior to the T-34 (and infinitely superior to the Sherman, which was basically a coffin on caterpillar tracks).  The Tiger was an awesome, awesome machine.  But it was complex and manufactured in small numbers.

QuoteAnd that was WW2, its a totally different ballgame now. For one thing we maintained our Army at something approaching respectable force levels. Bah. I don't care enough right now. Maybe later.

I'm inclined to agree, but when it comes to proper, professional armies the GIs are, by and large, just not as good as their foreign counterparts.

QuoteNot so much debate as preaching to the choir.

Amen, then.  :-D

Holby

Quote from: Neobaron on October 19, 2005, 02:30:12 PM
Europe will only be cool when i secede from the Union and conquer it with my trust pet holbrook ^.^
Eeee!  :wink:
I will not deleted this