Stress

Started by Barkclaw2, August 17, 2005, 09:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

your reaction to events could be stress
depends per person, I knew a girl who broke into tears when she got a C+ on a math test, even though most of the rest of the class failed (and most of them just shrugged it off)

a good form of stress relief:  get a 75+watt (100 watt is preferred) stereo, two 100watt floor speakers, and your fav. CD/ radio station.  Take the cloth covers off the speakers, sit infront of them, turn up the volume, and watch....
its facinating..
o_O
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

wolf bite

I used to like to water the yard for hours to get out my stress. It is so peaceful. Now with all the electric fences and lasers, it would most likely add to the stress. But shock therapy may be good of other ailments. Hehe

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Nohcnonk

Heh, I don't take out my aggression in football because I have none. XD

Germania speaks the truth.  It's all in your head.

Gen. Volkov

Or not. Paxil doesn't suppress the problem, it actually fixes it. I take it also for depression and social anxiety disorder. I had to up the dose when my grandma died. What paxil and other medicines like it do, is block the reabsorbtion of seritonin. They are known collectively as seritonin reuptake inhibitors. And Nohc, that is a really insensitive thing to say. It is NOT all in his head, he has a problem and its get he got help for it. And even if something is just in your head, the mind is a poerful thing and can profoundly influence the body. As I found out to my detriment in 9th grade. And no, I'm not back.. just stopping in cause I'm bored.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on September 06, 2005, 03:06:56 PM
And no, I'm not back.. just stopping in cause I'm bored.

That's what they all say. Then they get hooked again.

When I'm stressed I usually play piano, listen to my favorite songs, or ramble in my Livejournal. I have a ton of entries in my LJ...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Barkclaw2

Quote from: Nohcnonk on August 31, 2005, 09:08:42 PM
You get good grades, Barkclaw?
What's that supposed to mean? And no I don't because I'm asbsent alot of the time.

I also take valume. For those panic attacks I need to get rid of on the spot. I hear valume's addicting, but I don't feel anything when I take it. It mostly doesn't even work or do it's job relaxing me. And yes, it's prescribed to me.
Sorry to all that I cause distress to. I can sometimes be a jerk (Well, ok, all the time). I don't mean to be.

Gen. Volkov

Poor guy. Valium can be addicting, but only when taken in large doses for a long period of time. Sorry to hear it doesn't work.

When I'm stressed I hit something until I'm not stressed, like a punching bag I mean. I also write in my LJ alot.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Badrang the Tyrant

Psst!  Volkov, Barkclaw is a she.

I'm with Nohc on this...I don't normally get stressed about anything...Mainly cause I don't let it get to my head.  And if I do get stressed, I just come on here or FAF and pound some guy that's been giving me trouble until I feel better. :-D

Disdain

I dress up in armour and go around beating up on people,
or shooting them with my 1000 pound crossbow. (Only the willing, of course)

The mind is a powerful thing. I get insomnia because I can't relax. Then I get worried that I won't be able to sleep,
so I can't sleep becuase I'm too worried that I wont be able to sleep. Pretty self defeating, but due to the power
of the mind, I can't get past it. The Dr. gave me Ativan and told me to put one in a box and wear it around my
neck. I really didn't do that, but, because I have the pills I never use them because I know, or my brain knows,
I have them and there is nothing to worry about. Don't get me wrong, I do use them, sometimes. Maybe 1
every couple months. I took one the other night and i waited till 2am to take it because I hate pills. But, it
worked. I was asleep before the pill took effect because, my brain knew I took and, again, I had nothing
else to worry about.

Try and figure that one out.
I worry I won't sleep so I can't sleep because I'm too worried about not being able to sleep.
Vicious circle.
I get that Black Sabbath song stuck in my head "Paranoid" there is a line that says.
"Can you help me?? Thought you were MY brain"

(click to enlarge)

Ashyra Nightwing

Sometimes I don't sleep at all because I start thinking the world's ending. Well, part of me /knows/ it's not, but the rest of me thinks it is and starts panicking. O_o
Yes, my icon is partly based on this. xD
Piano is a good way of getting rid of stress. Also videogames.

Arguia Zsah

Yes, Ashy is paranoid. :P

When I'm stressed I listen to music LOUD or play the piano as loud as I can... which probably annoys the neighbours, *shrugs* oh well!

I hate not being able to sleep... the longer I'm not able to sleep for, the more awake I get.... and then I end up a zombie a few days later. :lol:

Barkclaw2

Quote from: Badrang the Tyrant on September 07, 2005, 06:18:24 PM
Psst!? Volkov, Barkclaw is a she.
Yes I am, do not forget it. People tend to think I'm a boy. Bloodwake thought I was a boy and probably everyone else. I am just boyish.

Anyway: My brother has terminal insomnia. he takees meds for it that make him see things and hear things that are not there. I think he stoped taking them... but I don't know much about what he does these days.
Sorry to all that I cause distress to. I can sometimes be a jerk (Well, ok, all the time). I don't mean to be.

Aqualis

When the plastics plant blew up, I thought aliens we're landing. But to be fair, I was half in a dream.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Gen. Volkov

Terribly sorry Barkclaw.

Terminal insomnia? I thing you mean continual. Terminal would imply it will kill him someday. LOL. Anyway, that stinks. Is there something in your enviroment that is a particular stressor on you and your brother? Or does your family have a history of mental problems?

The only time I can't sleep is when I'm reading. LOL. I've stayed up the entire night many a time reading a good book. I have gotten most of the stress out of my life, because I have too, other wise I get stomach problems.

wolf bite

If it was not for stress related lack of sleep, Holby would have no one to talk to. Hehe

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles