Video Game Violence

Started by windhound, August 11, 2005, 08:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do video games cause kids to be more violent?

yes. has everythin' to do with it
1 (9.1%)
eh.  maybe
3 (27.3%)
eh.  maybe not
0 (0%)
nope. has nothin' to do with it
7 (63.6%)
no idea
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Holby

I think (Poke me in the eye if I'm wrong) that Australia doesn't allow any 18+ games.
I will not deleted this

Ruatine

*pokes Holby in the eye just for the heck of it*

No 18+ games? That's... wierd to me for some reason. I've never played an 18+ game, but I wouldn't like the fact that they would not available to me if I wanted to play them.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

RazorClaw

No effect whatsoever. Excuse me while I go maul a cat.

Aqualis

Quote from: Holby on August 13, 2005, 04:54:55 AM
I think (Poke me in the eye if I'm wrong) that Australia doesn't allow any 18+ games.

Austrailia also banned swords because of their criminal applications.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Barkclaw2

R rated movies don't do anything to you. I think of my mom as a well respected friend. she's cool. Besides, they don't say anything that sitcoms don't. I also get to listen to rap with cuss words. One of the songs having lots of cuss words: **** the police by N.W.A: Eazy-e, Icecube, M.C. Ren and Docter Dre. I love that song!!! Heehee, they play it out. Dre being the judge and Eazy, Ren, and Icecube being witnesses. My brother knows someone who got arrested because they blasted it when they were driving.
Sorry to all that I cause distress to. I can sometimes be a jerk (Well, ok, all the time). I don't mean to be.

Nohcnonk

Who said sitcoms were good? XD

Barkclaw2

I don't know....Hey, it doesn't bleep out Spanish cuss words here!!!
Sorry to all that I cause distress to. I can sometimes be a jerk (Well, ok, all the time). I don't mean to be.

Ruatine

O.o Why would it? Not many people here know Spanish cuss words.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Nohcnonk

Wow. o_O No, you're probably one of the first...

Barkclaw2

Well, I do play video games. *Points to topic* They taught me. And songs. A rap song taught me the "A" word. I know like all of them. Who said AO rated video games don't teatch good?

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

RazorClaw

There are hardly any AO games and I seriously doubt you have played any other than GTA.

Barkclaw2

^_^ I actually don't check the ratings on things before I play them or watch them, so I wouldn't know.