Firefox

Started by Ruatine, August 10, 2005, 10:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruatine

I just downloaded the Firefox browser. It ROCKS! I've fallen in love with it. *dumps IE into garbage* *bows and worships Firefox*

The tabs, the dictionary.com and Google and Amazon search bar... *drools*
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

The Lady Shael

Hehe, yes, once I used Firefox, I never went back to IE. My family finds it annoying, because they're still stuck to IE and refuse to use Firefox.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Retto

Get mouse gestures. Seriously, it makes it so much better. It's annoying for me to use any other browser, because they don't have my mouse gestures (and I have a lot of browsers installed on my computers)
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Nohcnonk

It's better than IE, but Firefox still isn't perfect.  I've had a lot of ad-ware problems with Firefox that are extremely diffiicult to get rid of.

windhound

lol
ad-ware stuff is a /windoze/ issue
my firefox on linux has absolutely no ad-ware issues
and konqueror does everything that IE does (ftp for one) perfectly

I suggust Spybot and AdAware for your issues ^_^
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

ohmyjapan16

Opera's pretty good, except for that little advertisement bar, which I can live with. Firefox is teh best.

Nohcnonk

I have Spybot and AdAware. *twitch*  I don't think Linux is a good idea for our computer, everyone would be too confused...

windhound

=-P

linux aint bad, Fedora and SuSe, especially SuSe, are very user-friendly (and FREE!)
the main thing with linux is that it isnt really game-friendly yet..

I use Fedora Core 4, and I've had less issue with it than with windows..  windows breaks itself, linux is user-error if it breaks..  (and I've broken mine a few times) and its smart..  it repaired its own file system error..  amused me..

SuSe is made by Novell (big security company) and is extremely user-friendly..  its pretty..  but I'm loath to abandon Fedora..

but yeah, windows is better for standards, 'cause everyone uses its crappyness ^_^

Disney uses linux (Redhat 9) for most of their computers =-D

yay for people using Firefox though..  maybe it'll replace IE as preferred browser..  IE just..  evilness..
but, IE auto-updates with windows update, you have to make sure you get the Firefox updates as they come out (linux grabs the updates for me)
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Nohcnonk

Isn't there a way you can run linux but be able to switch to Windows for games or something (like I said, I don't know anything about Linux)?

No one out there has a Mac, right..?

windhound

'called Dual boot system
most linux installers can resize the hdd for you, or partitian magic can..  linux likes ~15 gigs of space, I give mine 25, but 6 of that is music...
's what I did, I can boot into windows when I need to for some graphics stuff + games

I wants a mac..  but no moneys..  maybe after they swap for intel processors I can get one of the older powerpc versions for 1/2 way cheap..

if you want to look at linux, Knoppix (google it) is a decent live-cd (loads into ram, doesnt touch your hdd..  basically when you eject the disk its like it was never there)  not the prettiest, but alright..  if you have a DVD burner the SuSe live eval is awesome.. 

Nohcnonk

I just downloaded the mouse gestures... they're pretty awesome.

Retto

I use firefox still on my Mac Mini, though Safari runs more natively (it's cocoa. Or I have a version of the WebKit renderer that's Cocoa. Really great graphics fun on that) - mostly for the extensions that make it invaluable when I'm just lazily browsing, or stuff like Web Developer which saves me lots of trouble when I'm coding and developing.

I don't do most of my browsing on the windows machine - only sites that I make or ones that I trust, so I don't have very big issues with adware...but Spybot and AdWare did help when I was doing a lot of browsing on it. Windows machines...I don't know. I don't think Microsoft wanted to design an operating system that needs a clean wipe every year or two, but they did, and maybe they should concentrate on making that easier, so their machines last longer and you loose less data.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto