Throw a rock...

Started by windhound, August 04, 2005, 11:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20050803-1307-ca-girlcharged.html

...end up in court

"The girl maintained she was playing on the sidewalk with her 6-year-old brother on April 29 when Elijah rode by on his bike with a half-dozen neighborhood boys, who splattered them with water balloons.

The girl threw a rock that police later described as "jagged" and measuring 5.5 inches by 3.75 inches and it hit Elijah on the head, opening a gash that required stitches. While she ran to find Elijah's parents, a neighbor called 911. "

"Police, who responded with three cars while a helicopter hovered overhead, said they arrested Cuevas for resisting arrest and scratching an officer's arm."

"The simple fact is that we have an 11-year-old girl who struck a boy in the head with a jagged-edged, two-pound river rock, that required him to have stitches," Dyer said. "That is a felony, assault with a deadly weapon, and we are very fortunate that that act did not cause a more serious injury, even death."

O_o
thats distrubing to me..

our police officers need to find better uses of their time..  picking on 11 year old girls..  and calling it 'assult with a deadly weapon'

just..  darn..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ruatine

Yea, that seems a bit excessive to me. That's normal kid stuff. When I was 10, I had a kid throw a branch in the spokes of my bike. I was all torn up and bloody, but I didn't call the police, and my parents didn't either.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Nohcnonk

Wow... that's just sad.

Barkclaw2

I hate almost all of those popos. they pick on my-15-year-old brother. They confinscate his lighters. What is wrong with carring a lighter?! He's the only one in his group of friends that talk back to them, and so he's the ONLY one they search. The cops say stuff like: "Be quite or you'll go to jail" And he says: "Shut up, idiot! You popo! Screw you!" (And a little cuss words) And the cops just ignore him. They never do what they say they will. Like when a cop came over 'cause he spit sunflower seeds on the ground. He told him to pick 'em up, and his friend did, but my brother didn't. He just spit on his shoes. And he didn't get a ticket. Friggin' tard police.
Sorry to all that I cause distress to. I can sometimes be a jerk (Well, ok, all the time). I don't mean to be.

Nohcnonk

Aqualis

Apperently they were to lazy to chase any real criminals.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

RazorClaw

I file rocks to points and sell them as velociraptor teeth to stupid tourists. Is this unethical, even if it gets me an iPod?

Ruatine

I really hope you're kidding, RazorClaw, 'cause I'd hate to think that anyone could actually be that stupid.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Barkclaw2

He must be. Those things are extinct. Noone would actually think they were real.
Sorry to all that I cause distress to. I can sometimes be a jerk (Well, ok, all the time). I don't mean to be.

windhound

=P
huge sharks were once real, and people sell their teeth..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't