screenshots

Started by windhound, July 30, 2005, 10:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

yarg
no new topics in forever..  come on yall..
anyways, why dont we post screenshots of what we look at everyday?  

all assuming the desktop image is PG..  I've seen some X-rated stuff on people's desktops at State..  no idea why they want to stare at that..  but to each their own, and, needless to say, none of it here..  

how?
for windows, just press the 'prtsc' key, more commonly known as printscreen key, then open a program like MS Paint, Photoshop, PSP, whatever you have (paint is Start/Programs/Accessories/Paint) and paste it (ctrl + v).  (prtsc copies your current screen)
I doubt we have many mac/linux people here..  macs I think have a special program, applet somthin.. linux use ksnapshot..  

upload it to someplace like www.graffiti.net or www.photobucket.com  (both free)

and yeah, here's mine:

background image belongs to http://p-51.deviantart.com/
(he took down his gallery..  kinda sad about that..  really good stuff in there, mayhaps he'll put it back later..)
oh, and os is Fedora Core 4
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Disdain

Here is a new favorite: (I'm going to Ozzfest in a month and Iron Maidon will be there. I guess I have Eddie on my mind)

(click to enlarge)

The Lady Shael

One Piece, the best anime in existence. :-p I also used to have a countdown till HBP on my desktop, but it's off now because obviously the book is already out. I'm waiting for the GoF movie countdown...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ruatine

I was surveying my desktop when I realized that I hadn't changed the colors in over six months, which is quite a long time for me.

I was inspired by my favorite drink, as I've just rediscovered my love for it. I hadn't drank one in over three weeks and was suffering withdrawls, when my mother so kindly bought a case of it. As the chilled carbonated fluid rushed over my awaiting taste buds, I felt moved to make a memorial to this wonderful drink.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Aqualis

Hmm ... I don't really like the desktop I'm using at the moment (something with palm trees and beaches); and, unfortunate, my computer doesn't have internet access.

My computer is running Fedora Core 3. This computer is windows XP SP2.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Nohcnonk

Normally I'd link to the picture since it's big, but no one else is so...

Whee.  I'd have to disagree with you on that one, Shael. =P

Barkclaw2

I don't have a computer.  :cry: I'm a poor kid.
Sorry to all that I cause distress to. I can sometimes be a jerk (Well, ok, all the time). I don't mean to be.

Nohcnonk

Then you get online how..?

Barkclaw2

The library computers.
Sorry to all that I cause distress to. I can sometimes be a jerk (Well, ok, all the time). I don't mean to be.

Nohcnonk

You should put links to RWL on the desktop and make it the homepage. XD

windhound

^bump^
from forever ago

redid my desktop..  again.  Running Fedora Core 6 now.  The main image is mine, of a lake a few miles from here.  no manipulation done.  lens flare unintentional but looks rather nice, esp. the rays across the water near the bottom.
probably keep it this way for a while (and have had this general layout for a few months now).  not entirely happy with the quality of sleeping charizard, but given how hard it was to find a sleeping charizard I think I can live for now.
Hobbes launches Search [for files and stuffs]
Charizard launches Gaim [instant messanger]
there's a spot for both junk and trash, one for stuff I may want later the other for the other..
two seadisks are partitions on an internal harddrive [a seagate], the two icons beside them are remote servers (ssh mounted with sshfs)
the rest should be fairly obvious.. 

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Aqualis

This is my current desktop. The image is a comic strip from http://www.xkcd.com. This is Windows XP, the bar along the top is ObjectBar, which can be found at www.startdock.com (or .org, I can never remember) and the bar at the bottom is ObjectDock from the same place. I think the stuff on the bar and the icons are fairly self-explanatory. I shrunk the image a bit, since my screen resolution normally 1280x1024.

The bar at the bottom: The icons to the left of the divider are iTunes, Firefox, Gaim. GIMP, Blender, Limewire, and Azureus. The icons on the left of the divider are the programs currently running: iTunes, Azureus, Firefox, and Gaim.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Peace Alliance

Mine's x-rated :(

One of my absolute favourite paintings of all time. Just happens to be a naked elf, AHAHAA

Neobaron

Seriously. =-)

Within those folders is about 90 different icons, most of them being in the "comms" and "GameCuts" folders.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Gorak

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.