Horde Names

Started by Mitya, February 21, 2003, 01:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitya

Looking through the scores page, I've noticed a few really interesting names for hordes. I also know that I like picking names that mean something.
So I guess I'm curious, does your horde's name mean anything? Why'd you pick that name?

"Slava" is Russian for glory and honor. I think that's pretty self-explanatory.
--Mitya Shostak

My signature was going to be original. Yes.

Warlord, Slava #14
Former Warlord, Mtsenskovite Army #227
RFFer and proud of it!

Dies Personae: http://diespersonae.no-ip.com

Hmm... I read this book once, and the bad guys were called the Guardians of the Night... I plan my horde names in advance... If I get killed I know what my next horde will be called!

Fenix

Ever since I started playing games like this, I.E. First Earth 2025, then Utopia, now RWL:  WL
It asked for a leader name, so I chose "Fenix" being it's a character from the bestest besty best game of all time, Starcraft.

Then it asks for a province/warlord/planet name, and I decided to make it Tarsonis.  It's the homeworld for the race, Terran in Starcraft.

Http://www.blizzard.com

very nice games.

Ruatine

My horde name is Legions of Teufel. Teufel is German for devil. So in other words my horde name is: Army of the Devil (roughly). It's not too original, but it was all I could think of at the moment.  
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Wickedclaw

The Dying Light of Yamir, is just from a game called Tribes and Tribes 2, and Tribes: aerial assault. But a friend of mine had the name The dying light, so I just made that. Then Yamir is just a planet on the game. Basically just a bunch of spoofs, lol.

~Wickedclaw

Jedi!?

:wub: STARCRAFT! Best game in the world (at least until I finish my game, www.staronesw.com or starcraft: Ghost comes out), finaly got it yesterday, wants to challange Fenix to a game. man Fenix I didn't know you were so old :D (Fenix is 600+some).  
~Joseph
Jedi!? Lord of the Jedi Horde

~WOD~
Proud member of TBOAV: Return the strength of old!

Badrang the Tyrant

Ungatt Trunn is a wildcat in one of the Redwall books and his horde is called either The Blue Hordes of Ungatt Trunn or The Chosen Ones. (I like to pick horde names from the books)

Blood Wake

in the book mossflower there is a ship called bloodwake
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Menatus

Wow, I can't believe I'm like the only person who's name doesn't come from anything. Hope Eternal, duh. And Menatus is a bunch of random latin that I changed around.

~Me

Aqualis

I just came up with, then I accidentaly spelt it wrong. Hence, Derani Slauter.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Stormclaw

The second part of my name is obvious- First Emperor Reborn. The first part of my name, aside from being a blatant reference to the fact that I got my old number, has to do with the very cool rebel organization in Final Fantasy VI.
A Departed Hero...

The First Emperor, Stormclaw, called by history The Noble, Longest-Ruling of the Eight.

The Lady Shael

*cough* Well, if you've been around for a while, "Daughters of Delor" is self-explanatory.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Trident

Skull Riders...  I used it for a name for an rpg wolf, but I got it from that crazy game Battle Tanx that my brother plays.

My brother, The Outsiders, got his name from the time honoured classic novel and movie. His name, of course, the best character (we agree on something!) Sodapop.

My new server acocunt, Shasta, is...uhhmm... named after that pop, Shasta Moonmist :o  :lol:  IT'S A COOL NAME!  I use it for several wolf rpges...heh...

And of course my sister's acocunt, WindsingerWolfCat  :huh:  I have no idea where she got that.  Windsinger is a wolf rpg board, but wolf cat?

~Trident (I got that a long time ago...I was using it partially because the greek god I was studyin, Posidon, had a trident, and because it's a cool weapon.  No, it isn't Trident the gum chewing trident weilding wolf -.-)

Shytalon

Rubinsky's Renegades is a small mercenary unit in the game, Battletech.

Yes, revel in my loserness.

~Shy, Myuh!
"Like a song,
Out of tune and out of time,
All I needed was a rhyme for you.
C'est la vie."
~C'est la vie, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

~Assisstant to RFF, Rubinsky's Renegades (#15)

The Lady Shael

Shy, I'm interested to know where you got Kheraptis Clan...I thought you'd put it in there....
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.