FaF

Started by Blood Wake, April 14, 2005, 06:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disdain's Amorack

Just want to throw in my 2 cents.
I went over and tried the game. It took 3 days for them to kill me off. I went in under the name Amorack and the biggest clan killed off the smallest.  ::disagrees::

Good job! Now they can continue to dominate a dying game, just like the rest of them.
I tell you all, I'm getting rather annoyed with all of this! Competition is good. High School politics and bullies are no way to keep good players around. I really am concidering sticking with KOC and leaving all this behind.

:angry:  ::disagrees::  :angry:  ::disagrees::  

Devari

Quote from: RazorClawSame amount of troop types, same degree of power and achievement of those troops (otter = skiff, hawk = leader, etc.) leader missons, like RWL, taking land away, like RWL, performing espionages, poisons, etc, LIKE RWL! The skin's different, but how does that matter? Most of the buildings have the same function with different names, the features you have certainly don't set it apart (IG clan forums and IG bouty thingies aren't exactly monumental, however cool they may be), races are quintessentially the same in all promisance (some are good at attacking, getting cash, etc.) and strategies depends on the player, not the game. In this case, your players enjoy killing n00bs who haven't made a single attack and have virtually no land. You are not an exact clone, but close enough. Same w/ RWL - QMT, except RWL made noticeable improvements.
Oh, I get it. You're joking.

windhound

heh.  it doesnt take but one or two players to kill somone, thus you base the entire playerbase off thoes one or two players and you get an unfair bias

there /are/ no big clan in FAF right now, check the top ten, no clans are completely dominating
not that I'm really complaining (as I'm in it) but the BA holds 6 spots of the top ten of reg, with no competition

RWL and FAF are promi games based off the Redwall Sierries by Brian Jacques, and both share a few members, but the simularites stop there.  Both are decent in their own right, and both have been around for a while, faf wasnt big for a bit because it didnt have a consistantly active programmer to help the game along.  Now the postions are flipped, because Retto doesnt have much time for RWL anymore and FAF has ~4 active coders.  So when bugs are found in FAF they can be almost immediatly seen to, but RWL must wait until Retto has freetime, which isnt often, but that's understandable..  

*shrugs*
I think both games are well done, thus I'm at both if and when I have freetime that somthin else hasnt eaten into...

EDIT:  btw, RWL cant talk about kills..  I was down to 266 acers today in TURBO.  CLANLESS turbo..  this one guy has been slamming me the whole round and I really dont know why..  maybe they just dont like Virginia..  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

bjornredtail

QuoteSame w/ RWL - QMT, except RWL made noticeable improvements.
As have we. The skinning engine is all new, new trooptypes can added easily without code modifications, and handleing for many servers with just one set of code is now provided for. On the gameplay front, we have added heros, stocks, and clan treasueries, all of which could count as an improvement, much the same way as BAXX has procterates and cities, it's own method of handleing many servers, amungst other improvements.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

RazorClaw

Quote from: Maximus PreliatorRC often opens his mouth before doing any type of research. It happens, and hopefully FAF doesn't judge RWL just by players based off of RC, or we would seem...idiotic.
Why did you even bother to come back under that username? You'll be just as disliked as you were under your old one... I described the game based on my playing in February. If it has changed since then, I'll edit my post, as I was then wrong. If it has not, I stand by my post, and hope that certain sadistic little ~edit~ who have nothing better to do than hang around insulting one of the people who kicked his (donkey) in their last war can just be quiet and go smoke their Marijuana and advocate for Democrats because daddy and the nice teenager with the dope say so.

edit:  if a word is filtered then so will be the plural..  and watch the flame
~windhound

Aqualis

FAF is as different from RWL as RWL is from QMT
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Badrang the Tyrant

For all of you blasting FAF and it's players, go there and test it out before you make comments (as you should /any/ game) like RC (sorry to point you out, but you prolly haven't been there in over 2 months).

RazorClaw

Early February, like I said.  

Badrang the Tyrant

Still too long ago.  That was still before the real game released.  We've added many major features, fixed all but a few of the bugs, and etc..

Peace Alliance

I'd just like to point out, that RWL isn't completely idle, and IS making an effort towards improvement. The tester server would be up right now, exparimenting with new ideas and balences, but retto's computer has gone funky. We are a more static game, but we are dedicated to the balence and advancement of the game. I think RWL just keeps a strong mind on the fact that beginners dont want to get overwhelmed with features... Heck, I've been playing promi games for 2 years and i'm practically overwhelmed by the features on FaF... and i helped develope some of em, lol. But thats just because i'm slow and it i need to wrap my head around everything before i can start stratagising....

Badrang the Tyrant

That's why you need to stay updated by either just signing up to check it out, or read the forums every now and then. ;)  

Devari

QuoteI'd just like to point out, that RWL isn't completely idle, and IS making an effort towards improvement. The tester server would be up right now, exparimenting with new ideas and balences, but retto's computer has gone funky. We are a more static game, but we are dedicated to the balence and advancement of the game. I think RWL just keeps a strong mind on the fact that beginners dont want to get overwhelmed with features... Heck, I've been playing promi games for 2 years and i'm practically overwhelmed by the features on FaF... and i helped develope some of em, lol. But thats just because i'm slow and it i need to wrap my head around everything before i can start stratagising....

:lol:

Yeah, it is a bit overwhelming. You sort of need to ignore some stuff to get your hand around it quicker.

Now, switching to coding on it rather than QMT base is even more confusing! :D