FaF

Started by Blood Wake, April 14, 2005, 06:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blood Wake

I signed up for FaF the other day to see how much cooler we were than it. lol. and on their forums they are doing the same thing I have been doing, trying to find ideas to get more members, but you know why they are doing it? because they don't want us to have too much more members than them, hahaha, I think its kinda funny, we get more members to have fun they get more members because they are scared of us.

Devari from FaF:

All numbers including protected accounts:

BFR (FaF turbo): 30
COG (their reg, I think): 22
RWL Turbo: 26
RWL Regular: 34

Seriously, RWL doesn't exactly have:

1. The numbers it used to.
2. The large number advantage it used to have over us.

I mean, if we just got about 30 more members, we'd be quite big compared to the ol' powerhouse.

What happened to RWL?

Edit only to put in quotes - WB
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

bjornredtail

Scared? Hardly.

It comes down to keeping the game intresting... This is why duels is so perenially popular. It has a new setup every round. To a certain extent, same applies to RWL commanders.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

wolf bite

*Starts to edit as an insult of another site, then thinks it could be more of a comparison based on opinion.*

*Starts to lock as talk about the happenings of another site, then decides ?number of members? and pointing out our own flaws is different.*

*Starts to move to spa room as it will surly end up being made an advertisement for a different site, then thinks I can?t act on what could happen.*

*Confused*

*Leaves alone for the time*

Be careful

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Yellow Eyes

Not to bash Redwall or nothing, but FaF is getting to be better than Redwall for the following reasons:
1. More informative stats
2. Less buggy
3. More little points of gameplay that help improve it
4. Devs that actually work on the game, and are constantly changing it to fit the needs of the players, and who just want to make it better.

Blood Wake

some stuff on FaF is really cool, like being in a clan is cool because they have a clan forum within the game, its awsome but I still like RWL much more
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

RazorClaw

The gameplay on FaF is, in my opinion, simply inferior. They have lots of cool features, but it just doesn't seem as fine-polished and does not have the same atmosphere as RWL.Plus people kill you for no reason. And, a lot of people who used to play have gone off to college, or else were never really THAT interested in the game and left when their friends did.

Blood Wake

yeah, I mean I have been in the game for less than a week and they have almost killed me 3 times, I like some of the stuff that they have, but its just not as fun as RWL at all, maybe its the people there or that I am just used to RWL but there is something that makes me not like it nearly as much

h

Devari

Huh? Scared?! :lol:

No, I was simply pointing out:

1. RWL just isn't as big as it used to be.
2. Frost And Flame has quite a few members now, compared to both RWL and the old days of our dev era.

The almost-kill thing is just a general part of our game environment. Quite a few people find it fun. At least, I do. :D Seriously, if you want a more peaceful environment, try the Conquest of Generals server.

Perhaps one thing is that our "Regular"/More Popular server is 5 times faster than RWL's Regular. I've never really played Turbo here (one era, ended in 9th), but I'm sure it's quite a bit more bloody than your Regular. You might be seeing BFR as being equivelent to your regular - in reality, it's alike only in that the most players are on it.

One thing I love about being a devmin (dev admin ;) ) on FAF is that our playerbase always suggests cool new features/improvements. Many of these things find their way into the game, and most will at some point. RWL is quite static - some like that, some don't.

RazorClaw, haven't most of the RWL players left as well? I'm pretty sure both games survive mainly on so-called "new blood".

How so is the gameplay inferior? I'm not attacking you here, I just genuinely want suggestions.

Also, when was the last time you tried it? If it was before the middle of January, quite a bit may have changed.

wolf, please don't lock this topic. You can move it, if you wish, but this is an important discussion regarding the only two surviving Redwall-based proms.

wolf bite

Hehe, I was not going to lock it. Only told what would happen if became an flame to FAF, in game talk about FAF, or an advertisment for FAF. Was only proactively stating the forum rules in a topic that could easily go wrong.

I too have not had an account on the FAF games for over a year ( I think ), but I heard they have bounties and that part really turned me off.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Devari

Bouties - :D !

No-one uses them too much. Besides, they don't really affect much - I haven't seen anyone actively pursue one in 6 months!

Besides, they're not much different from what Slayer (?) did, just that they have insured payment.

Golden

The thing I hate about FaF is that you can be killed by anyone which freaking pisses me off.

RWL is only static because retto is either never here or has forgot how to read, besides I like the people here at RWL better and the people make the game, not the code.

RazorClaw

The over-killing is what puts it over the top for me, but also it is (if you're not targeted for a kill) fairly easy to get tot the top ten, at least it was last time I played. RWL's only real problem is the lack of players/competitve atmosphere.  

wolf bite

A bit off topic, but I like to keep clarifying this, the original Slayer was my clan and held the top ten spots for over 2 months and randomly sent aid to lower players, before we did a mass suicide for the fairness of the game. Peace?s Slayer just randomly killed people to simply be irritating, not for cash.

Back on topic: I have always been confused how this game came from no where to have 100s of people playing within a month, when now we have less then 100 people a year even try it out. Thoughts?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Devari

Well, it could be any of the following:

1. The Redwall Online Community may simply be dying.
2. Many people have already tried RWL, didn't like it, and left. Perhaps due to the static nature of it, perhaps because it had periods of stagnation.
3. People just don't have time.

Or, maybe most likely:

4. No-one advertises or actively trys to get new members anymore.

Razor, it IS fairly easy to get into the top ten, at least partially because, like RWL, it is a small game. Besides, it isn't always easy to stay there. I will ask you again, though - when did you play there last? We have a heck of a lot better players than we had for most of the development eras (pre-January).

In terms of stability, it wasn't great during the long beta. However, it is quite stable and secure now, as well as having bugs found and fixed quite quickly.

As I said before, the killing environment is just a part of the "culture". However, there are new clans just as my own, "Defender", which track down known killers and, well, kill them before they can do damage. RWL is fairly placid in attacking, with unwritten rules and great hubaloo when someone hits hard - FAF is a newer community with no such taboos. Things just end up that way.

As for Slayer, I was referring to Peace's superhappyfuntime. I could have sworn he had bounties set on people, though. Maybe that was some other group...

I do find that RWL has one big problem, and that is game balance. In FAF, there are two basic viable (or, at least, oft-used) strategy branches - Industry and Hawk (analogous to the traditional RPG types of Warrior and Mage). In RWL, there is one strategy with a great advantage over all others - hawk-loot. Essentially, there is no Warrior, only Mage.

What both games need is the RPG balance of Warrior, Mage, and Ranger. Neither has it, but what I like about FAF is that it has two of them as opposed to one. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm big into Industry strategies. ;)

By the way, the topic should be "FAF", not FaF. :D

Badrang the Tyrant

The over-killing is due to newer players attacking someone like me, then when they get retaled upon, they think it as a threat and finish the empire off.