Commanders 8

Started by Peace Alliance, March 31, 2005, 01:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

What is commanders?
RWL: Commanders is an exhibition game. A server is run for an entire weekend with massive turns. Sign up and try your best to stay on top of what will surely be a brutal battle between warlords. This is ran the same as any other RWL server, only it is much faster. On top of that, there are usually some fun tweaks added to the game. You should always take a look at what those tweaks are.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Commanders 8: Bloodbath! I don?t mean to brag, but I do believe this will be the most exciting game play RWL has ever seen. This takes all our war to an entirely new level! Kills will be your way to the top!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Story Line
Millions of years after what could only be called brutal vermin warfare that raged on for eras, there was a new kind of war. Now, after centuries of plenty, the world had been flooded. Everything was far more advanced. War moved faster then ever. Seconds you have it all, seconds later it?s lost. There was little that could be done. The commanders tried their hardest to keep what they had.

But the world hasn?t seen its bloodiest moments. For in the times ahead, a true test of ones strength will be skulls around their neck. Instead of fighting for stability, it is a war for nobility, where power is given to those who kill. When a commander makes a kill, he will be able to take the fallen?s riches, and with those spoils grow stronger to triumph over his next victims.

Sign up for commanders will begin around April 5th however, the exhibition won?t start until the 8th and it will last until the 10th.

Balancing Changes (changes from the original code):

- markets produce half the money they do now.
- a land farm
- towers worth double their defensive points
- food worth as much NW as money
- Workers will bring in double the resources

Bloodbath changes:
?   4 person clans
?   Clans will have an attacking bonus on warlords with low land (So against a warlord set to war, not only will they be able to have no maximum attacks, but when the warlords they are trying are low in land, they will gain much more land then if not set to war), allowing them to gain 25% more land for every 1000 acres under 5000 land their enemy is.
?   When clanned, all other clans are automatically set to war
?   The Make Attack Opportunities Mission (allowing attacks on a maxed warlord) will now allow 10 new attacks and be as easy to do as an espionage.
?   Kills network boost! 10% of your actual NW will be multiplied by your number of kills and added as bonus networth! Meaning if you have 100 mil NW and 3 kills, then it will take 10 million of your networth, multiply it by 3, and you will then have 130 million networth! SO KILLS ARE YOUR TICKET TO FIRST!
?   Every time you kill a warlord, you will receive ALL their food, All their money, ALL their leaders, ALL their military, and ALL their loyalty (pull)
?   When you are killed, your kills count WON?T be reset, but everything else is automatically reset to default settings. So instead of losing your account, it just gets reset and you get another 200 turns protection.

Please post your comments on commander as well as any ideas or questions. Your suggestions WILL be heard! If you want to post spammy junk in this topic like you did last time, go to spa room where an identical post will be made!

Thank you, and enjoy your gaming experience,

- Peace Alliance

*the above is subject to change at any time, but notification will be given in the event that changes are made.*

Nohcnonk

Sounds extremely FUN.  

Blood Wake

that sounds so cool! I love that when you die you are reset, thats way cool, you could die 50 times and still be in the game while keeping all the networth you gained from killing other people. I don't usually play commanders because I don't have the time, and because I can't play on sundays because I don't have the net at home and have to go to the library to play and the lib is closed on sunday, but I will be going to friend's houses and stuff all weekend cause this just sounds so fun. good job Peace!
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Peace Alliance

Retto's finally considering implimenting that into the regular code too  :D  

and the cool part is, you could practically make a profit off of pure killing, and then when you get killed, it will be way easier to get back up in the ranks because your networth will have your kill gains... pretty cool!

Juska

Hmm. sounds fun, 2 q's will everyone be randomly put into a clan or can you choose to be so, or will there just be no hit limits, and why are markets halved and workers 2 double you might aswell not have changed it because those two changes negate each other.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Peace Alliance

I made changes those two last time and you gave me a hassle, lol. I realise the negate eachother, but i'm TRYING to promote the use of workers because at the moment, they are rarely used, and i don't see the point of having anything in the game that is  never used, lol.

Clans will work like normal, if you want to be in a clan, you make one or join one. Once you are in one though, all other clans will be set to war, and thus they will have no maximum attacks as oppsed to anyone outside of a clan who will have the normal maximum attacks (except remember the new spell that was introduced that allows you to re-open maximum attacks... for this commanders it will open for a whole 10 attacks, meaning you CAN make clanless kills)

Juska

Why don't people use workers?

I'll tell you why.

Because people can just goldmine with marten, there is no point of cashing.

Make a race with -30% market and +30% income and then we might see some people actually try and cash.

If you wanna know how to cash properly message me, but it's not worth it with goldmine, unless it's still at 80% then maybe it'd be ok, if the bm refills fast enough, otherwise your gonna have the split and make your own troops which will blow.
Current Empires:

Peace Alliance

goldmine is not nearly as overpowering this round because when you get killed, your opponent gets your funds. to make a ton of money with goldmine, you have to be 100% huts, and you can't really go 100% huts and still be able to defend against kills, AND kill.

Juska

So your going 100% huts right?
Current Empires:

Peace Alliance

I don't think i'll be playin compeditively, might have an account to test stuff out and see how the setup is workin out... so if thats what i'll do i'll probably just be concentrating on defending myself  :D  

Nohcnonk

Gold Mine's not nearly as effective...

Deathclaw

Sounds great. This'll be fun.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Retto

Sorry! I've got stuff until about 6 today...it'll be up sometime this evening.

appologies
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Retto

It's up! Let me know if you find any problems - all clans ARE set to war, I haven't fixed making them all red yet!
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Badrang the Tyrant

Same military as before?