Favorite Sport

Started by Deathclaw, February 28, 2005, 07:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathclaw

My favorite is soccer. Best sport ever. I love it.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

The Lady Shael

Don't play sports. Don't know anything about sports anyway. I did take tennis lessons over the summer though, and I'm thinking about taking golf lessons from a friend.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Deathclaw

I play soccer, baseball, and tennis, but soccer is the best by far, I can't go a day without it.

Aqualis

Other: Racing

NASCAR, Paris-Dakar Rally, Baja 1000, Le-Mans, etc.

I don't play normal sports.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Deathclaw

Some things I just don't consider sports.

Bowling, golfing, swimming, racing, skateboarding, etc.

Aqualis

Hmmm... that narrow the field a bit.

How about kettlebell lifting? (Assuming you know what a kettelbell is.)

~the mighta awualis

Deathclaw

Quote from: AqualisHmmm... that narrow the field a bit.

How about kettlebell lifting? (Assuming you know what a kettelbell is.)
Not sure what is is, but if it's like weightlifting it isn't a sport.  

Aqualis

So your definition of sport is basically: Something that involves a running type of motion and the moving of a small round thing.

Kinda narrow isn't it?

~the mighta awualis

Deathclaw

No, some things are just activities, not sports. Golf is an activity. Bowling is an activity. Skateboarding is an activity. And so on.

RazorClaw

OMFG! You including fricking SWIMMING but not hockey! What is it with people that make these sports polls! Grrrrr! I like hockey the best. Like soccer, but requires more skill, is more fast-paced, and it's harder to score. Plus the hitting and fighting (fighting not so much, but the checking owns!). A sport is an activity in which two or more parties are playing against each other attempting to use an object to obtain points, and at the same time trying to stop the other party from scoring. Therefore, Lacrosse, Hockey, Football, Soccer, Baseball, Rugby, Tennis, even fuzeball, are sports. Bowling is a competition, as are curling and golf. Swimming and weight lifting are exercises. NASCAR is a race. Skateboarding is either a race or a competition.  

Scarwake

I voted swimming because I love it, not competitive swimming tho
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Aqualis

What about martial arts (competition only)?

~the mighta awualis

Nohcnonk

Very even.  Basketball's my sport, but I play others.

Edit: Just think traditional sports people.  For example, chess and skateboarding are not traditional sports.  Soccer and football are.

Aqualis

Racing, Martial Arts, and Kettlebell Lifting have all been around for centuries.

~the mighta awualis

Deathclaw

RC - Hockey doesn't require more skill than soccer. Soccer players run several miles a game, we only have a 5 to 10 minute break for half time, and substitutions can only occur 3 times a game, and once a player is removed he can't come back on.

Soccer is more trying on your body than hockey, or any sport. Soccer players are the most in shape of any sport.