Are we ever going to have...

Started by RazorClaw, February 17, 2005, 11:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorClaw

Any more elections? I was under the impression that they were two-months per term or something...  

Menatus

There's no forum to preside over.

wolf bite

I don?t really know.

It started as the staff wanting to recognize some of the people that do a lot for the forums and bring attention to their deeds and abilities. So we started as a once per year election where the person(s) will hold the office for only one month. There was a lot of excitement! This was better then we had hoped. But after the primaries, there was little campaigning. Then almost no one even voted. Then the small protest about the winners. The president?s personal life took off and has hardly been here. All in all, a disappointment in my viewpoint from the grand start it had.

Why don?t people post their ideas and thoughts. This way we know the support behind it and how often people want to have elections. Then I will hang out with The Lady Shael and we well see what we can do.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

RazorClaw

Quote from: MenatusThere's no forum to preside over.
Forum???  :huh:  Well, I like the idea of having a sort of admin's assistant, a demi-mod, if you will. I think once every twon months is a good time to hold elections...

Deathclaw

I'll run for president, lol.

Maybe 2 month terms, elections every 6 months.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Gen. Volkov

Considering the disaster the last one was, I don't think its a to wonderful idea. But frankly I don't care enough either way. If people want it, cool. If they don't, that's cool too. If cows take over the world, that ROCKS. LOL. Though if we do have em, I'd be a running mate. *Shrugs* Eh, it could be fun.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

Could bring some life back to the forums, spark some interests.

I wouldn't be running, but i'd certainly help to stir stuff up and get things moving. I say we give it a shot.  

Deathclaw

How will the parties be done? I didn't like the idea of your member number getting you in a party... maybe set up some parties, say what they, in general, stand for, and then pick parties. Those who want to run say what party they want to run from, do the primaries, then pick running mates, and run for president.

Ashyra Nightwing

There should be a Cheese Party. Look, I already have advertising banners for it. *pokes signature*

Deathclaw

No, there should not be a Cheese Party.

wolf bite

The problem with people picking their own parties is the biggest party will win no matter what. For example, the Spam Party ways there should be unlimited Spam. The No Spam Party says there should be less Spam. 75% of the people decided to be in the NO Spam Party. Whatever candidate the NO Spam party picks will win because that candidate has already on the side of the most votes. I think it is best if we do decided to do this again, that we find ways of separating people as evenly as possible. Then those parties pick thie candidates. Those candidates decide issues. Then the parties are dropped and anyone can join the party of the candidates.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Deathclaw

That sounds good also, Wolf Bite.  

Gen. Volkov

I like that. As long as the side you eventually are on is your own choice. I think that would ecourage others to vote.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: DeathclawNo, there should not be a Cheese Party.
XD I knew you would say that, Deathclaw. You were against CAFI from the very start... :P

Deathclaw

Quote from: Ashyra NightwingXD I knew you would say that, Deathclaw. You were against CAFI from the very start... :P
Yeah, because it seems so stupid and I don't like cheese anyway except on nachos and pizza.