UltraMod forum

Started by Gen. Volkov, February 11, 2005, 05:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm tired of arguing in circles in the UltraMod forum. And tired of watching others do the same. It doesn't seem to me like there is any real debate going on. Its just two sides *peeing* each other off by saying the same thing over and over in slightly differnent ways. They all seem to just degenerate into flame wars. I think the whole thing should just be deleted. Anything that people want to discuss can be done in the spa room or in PM's. But that's just me. What do you guys think?
-Volkov

Edited: Inappropriate language ~Scarwake *Mod Duties*
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

I will not deleted this

Deathclaw

Glory, Glory, Man United!

bjornredtail

If it is deleted, such discussion would move to GD, not to PM, not to the spam room. I do not want a ban on contravericy, which a requirement of either would ammount to. Eliminateing the UMD will not eliminate controversal topics from the forum, short of other rules to do the same.  
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

RazorClaw

Why delete it? Don't like it, don't read it. So far, Volkov, you've provoked and participated in the only bad flame in there since the John v Juby wars (which were quite entertaining).  

Gen. Volkov

Um no? I believe all I did was make a statement, and then SOMEONE *coughrazorclawcough* had to turn it into a religious arguement. I participated because you pissed me off. And the Juby war.. the other time we discussed a very similar issue? Or the communist one? Cause I remember arguing in both. But enough of that. I didn't make this topic for you to make personal attacks on me Razorclaw, I made it so we could discuss the issue.

Nevada, I'm not proposing that we try to stop the arguments, I'm saying since they seem to turn into flames anyway, lets stick them where they belong. If people want to argue, have them use the spa room. I just think the UMD isn't serving any useful purpose other than to get people mad at each other.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

bjornredtail

By consineing any serious discussion to the spa room, you would ensure that they turn into flame wars.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

RazorClaw

Flame is not allowed in the Spa Room either. Volkov, you were the one who started with the insults in that argument. But go ahead, play lamb...  

Gen. Volkov

Razorclaw... for god's sake, LEAVE IT ALONE. It doesn't matter who started what, what matters is that it happened in the first place. If you wanna think I started it, fine do so. I don't care. Now can we PLEASE move on?

You have a point, nevada, but that's all they seem to turn into anyway. But if you wish to keep it, then how about we change the rules in it a bit. Because I don't keeping it in its present form is a smart thing to do.

RazorClaw

Why not just restrict people to talking about the game? Why not turn into a Nazi board in which there are twenty administrators, editing people's posts to be civilised and promoting their ideals?  

Gen. Volkov

WHAT? How could you pull THAT out of what I said? You know what? NO. I'm not gonna do it. Your trying to provoke me so you can catch me on something where I actually did start insults and I'm not gonna do it. RC, leave me alone, and if you are not going to contribute anything useful to this topic, leav it alone too. I'm tired of your personal attacks, I am not holding grudge against you for anything you said in the UMD, and you shouldn't either. If you can't do so, then just don't comment. Act your age. And if that was in the least bit a flame, I don't care. I can only take so much BS. Sue me. I'm human.

Nohcnonk

Keep it.  If you don't want to go there, don't.

RazorClaw

How am I provoking you? If anger is invoked by that post, all I have to say is: "Goooooosfraba..." I did not pull it out of what you said. I said, "Why restrict the board this much? Why not go even further over the top?"

Gen. Volkov

How? HOW? *Is speechless* I honestly can't say anything without insulting you right now.. I'll back to you on that razorclaw. *Walks off shaking his head* You make my head hurt.

Holby

Why don't I want UMD? It's a piece of junk. For the most part, any discussion is severely smashed apart and turned into a bunch of words that don't make any sense and insult the other guy until one gets sick of it. We don't have debates, we have arguments.
It has no purpose other than to create a headache for our mods and adminstrators. If it was removed and discussion became purely in the GD... better. People take GD more seriously and give it more consideration and thought. The UMD was created because people were flaming, not making structured posts, were cluttering up GD. Designed to make it more community friendly, such as having the ability to edit other people's posts. The UMD has turned into the problem we had before it was created, but much worse.

Delete the worthless thing.
I will not deleted this