Turbo 23!

Started by wolf bite, January 28, 2005, 06:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

After reviewing the poll and seeing how high a rating a game that has not even been played for over a year got, we have decided to bring it back. Many of you may have never even heard of the game, so I will give a refresher course.

Ladder system, land farm, no clans.

This is a game that is completely different then all others. It was designed by Xenocide and myself on an original concept of Ereptor?s.

The object is to move as far north as possible and be the highest rank when you get there. The computer will move you when you have completed the task in the county you are in. In the first county, you must stay at all times within the top ten for 4 days. At which point, you will move north. (Note on each player?s info page there is a countdown how long they have been in the top ten.)

There are no raiders, you can not move north on your own, and no burrowing. This way the top players will battle each other as they move north, taking them out of the fighting of those left behind.

The strategy for this game is to keep in the top ten, while keeping your enemies out of the top. Then being ready for your move to take on a new bunch of combatants.

Have a great time!

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Gen. Volkov

Oh I remember this one! It was FUN. Methinks I'll do a bit better this time.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

Oh, almost forgot. Going on vacation when in the top ten will not be allowed. So don?t even think of netting up and then waiting out the time on vacation. If you truly have to be away from your computer for over 3 days, in game mail me and I will disable the account until you return. Then see about trying to get your time in the top ten back when you ask me to enable the account. (Stupid buttons.) Thanks.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Gen. Volkov

I'll keep that in mind.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Badrang the Tyrant

I hated this kind of play.  Oh well, might as well get better at it.

wolf bite

Watching the game, I am not sure everyone remembers how the count works to get your 4 days in the top Ten. Let me restate it so that I know everyone is on the same page.

For each 10 minutes (called a ?game day?) you get 10 minutes credit for being in the top ten.

For each 10 minutes you are not in the top ten, you lose 30 minutes!

In other words, if you are in the top ten for 30 hours, then are 11th or lower for 10 hours, you have counted backwards and lost everything you had worked for.

In other words, don?t be satisfied with 11th place. Log in often and check your rank, then if needed, net up into the top ten. Or attack people you think you can take out of the top to make you take their places. Keep an eye on the people you see as a threat that will soon move. If they have more time then you, and you think you can stop them, do so.

Just words of strategy.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Arguia Zsah

That kinda throws my strategy out of the window... if you can call it a strategy that is. It amuses Ashy

Gen. Volkov

LOL. Hope that works for you Arguia. I have a question and if it doesn't exist a suggestion then, but does rank in the top ten make any difference in the amount of time you have at the top? Because if it doesn't it should. The top 5 should get more minutes than 6-10, because it takes more effort and skill to stay in the top five than in the top ten. Just an idea.

wolf bite

General, your point is well taken. But I think the workings of the game rather takes care of that. Those that rank in the first few spots have a greater hold on staying in the top ten. Those in the lower top ten may be bumped out as other people take their turns and jump over them. So the higher you are, the less likely you will have your clock count backwards.

? and a few more notes on the workings of this game:

The top ten is only for YOUR county. So although you may be rank 12th over all, in YOUR county you may still be in the top ten. There is a convenient county link (ie: ?Southsward?) on the top that will take out of view all those not in YOUR county. So you can see if you are in the top ten for your location.

As far as Mossflower, the clock does not start until there are several people in that county. (Don?t recall how many, maybe 10.) The mission to get out of Mossflower and move to Northlands is to be in the top 5 (I think) for 6 days.

Have fun!

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Gen. Volkov

Hmm. That is a good point. It fact I have noticed that, every run I will get to the 2nd or 3rd postion, and by the next day I am back down in the 7's and 8's, but still in the top ten. So while yes technically you do have an advantage because you don't generally lose minutes the higher up you are, I still think that the time you are in the top five should give you extra minutes. But that's just me.

As to when the clock starts, can anyone cofirm that? Several people will be moving into Mossflower soon. Just woundering if those already in it have the minutes for Northlands counting yet.  Top five for 6 days? That's a bit tougher. Do you lose minutes if you drop out of the top five or do they just stop as long as you stay in the top ten?