Flood Control

Started by Peace Alliance, January 22, 2005, 05:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

i personally can't stand the flood control timer, especailly since we have so many mods and admins i think if there is a flooding problem, they could take care of it on their own..

Sonoras

Cant stand it. 10 seconds at maximum.

Scarwake

I find it tolerable, it usually takes me more than 30seconds to find a new topic to reply to neways so....Unless someone else just replied to something after I did and I have a response to their's then it bugs me...
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

wolf bite

"what is it?" Something about water?

No one ever said I have to know what I am doing, ony that I must do it.

Wolf Bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Juska

Are you being serious Wolf? You don't know what flood control is? Or am I reading your post wrong......

It's when you try to post right after you've just posted, it makes you wait 30 secs till you can post again and it's fricking annoying!!!!!!!!!!!
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

The Lady Shael

*bursts out laughing at Wolf's post*

Hm, checking up on this, flood control is actually 20 seconds, I think I lowered it about a month ago...I'll wait till more people vote in this poll and become aware of this as an issue, and I'll lower it to a more reasonable number. It was put in to control spammers, but that was an awful long time ago.

[edit] I was the one for voted for 'i love it', by the way, just so you know. ^_^ My sister forced me to choose it...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Nohcnonk

I wasn't sure what he meant for a second either.  But I don't like it, especially for the Spa Room...

Gen. Volkov

No. Its still 30 Shael. Its tolerable usually, but in the Spa Room its quite annoying, I actually counted the seconds once. Its definittely 30, and that's what it says on the screen. BTW. Very funny wolf bite, I'm falling out of my chair. Really. *Rolls Eyes* If I hear one more bad pun.... so help me! I'll do something!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

No, TJ, quite often i know exactly what i'm going to post next right away... usually because one topic sparks an idea for another, or because i'm just looking on recent posts, so i have a list to check and post on...

Scarwake

*whispers to Peace* I said it usually takes ME a few seconds to find the next topic I'm going to reply to, which is why its tolerable unless I want to reply to something just posted after I posted....
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Nohcnonk

I really think Wolf didn't know what the topic was about...

wolf bite

Quote from: NohcnonkI really think Wolf didn't know what the topic was about...
Kind of, sort of.

I know that flood control typically is the amount of data that may be passed in a given period of time. However I did not know, until reading this topic, how it was being used in this context or that this site had a limitation. I suppose I have never posted 2 times in under 30 seconds to have to deal with it and had no way to know other people had problems.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Maximus Preliator

It is really bad, annoying. I go through quick, because I read all the new topics, than go right down, and it happens quite a bit to me. Shael, maybe you should lower it. I mean no one spams like that anymore, they just spam by saying stupid pointless things. And for the spam room, it ruins it.

The Lady Shael

You probably have though, the flood control doesn't apply to us, Wolf.

Absolutely, I'll definitely be lowering it, so just hang tight.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

RazorClaw

Hmph. I 'gree with Wolf. How can an internet site have water? I suppose people could post images...