Top 10 Favorite

Started by Trident, January 17, 2005, 06:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

TRShadow, is it Switchfoot?

Deathclaw.... shut up. That's like saying the Beatles suck.

Razorclaw. You just named all the infuences that went into making up Rock n' Roll. LOL. Of course Balck Sabbath rocks harder, they are 30 years after Elvis and and are a metal/hard rock band. Not comparable really, two different eras. And Elvis was one of the originators of Rock n' Roll in America, and had very heavy Blues infulence, which is why its no surprise some of his songs are bluesy.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Deathclaw

Volkov, I'll say it again - Elvis sucks... he is horrible, how can you not agree? All his music blows.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Gen. Volkov

Um.. because I unlike you actually have an appreciation of old music. Not everything is the simplicity of White Stripes. Have you heard more than one song by him? I doubt it. I have heard many. Most of them are quite good. Now yes, I like Metallica better, but that doesn't mean I can like the older bands and singers too.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Blood Wake

no real order

Styx
Rush
Metallica
Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Queen
The Beatles!!
Van Halen
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Motley Crue
The Yardbirds
Def Leppard
Cream
Smash Mouth
Project 86
The Who
Ozzy

ok thats a little more than ten, sue me. Elvis didn't suck, he was awsome.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Deathclaw

I have heard more than one song, Volkov, since my dad listen's to him in the car sometimes. He sucks. Elvis is (junk).

windhound

Elvis isnt my favorite, but you have to appriciate his music..  he's soo much better than most of today's music..  
watch Lilo and Stitch a few times..  that movie was almost completly Elvis...  pretty awesome ^_^

ah well, not everyone can have good taste
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

INdeed windy. And it appears Deathclaw is not one of those people. Can't appreciate music unless its sung by someone who dresses like a protistute I guess.

Deathclaw

A - so does blink-182, Bowling for Soup, etc. dress like prostitutes? No.

B - his music is horrible, the lyrics suck, the rhythm of it sucks as well.

windy - I have good taste.

Volkov - screw you, Elvis sucks.  

Gen. Volkov

Whatever. You have horrible taste. And that wasn't the point DC, I was just saying that just because music is old, doesn't mean its bad.

Deathclaw

I'm not saying that. Elvis sucks. Beatles are old and I like some of their stuff.

Elvis just plain sucks.

Gen. Volkov

NO he doesn't You can't say he does, you can have that opinion, but you can't state as fact that Elvis sucks. Just from the sheer number of Gold and Platinum albums he had, he was obviously good.

Deathclaw

He sucked. Some people may have been wasted enough to buy his music, but that doesn't mean he's good.

Gen. Volkov

WHAT? You are frickin CRAZY boy! A FEW? A platinum album means 1 MILLION people have bought it. He did not suck, he had a great voice, and great songs. And there is no way you can FACTUALLY say that he sucked. By ANY measure he was great.

Blood Wake

Deathclaw, You are a complete idiot, how can you say that one of the greatest musicians in the history of the world sucks if he has millions offans . i mean Bowling for Soup only has one good song, 1985, thats just my opinion though, I think that most new music doesn't have what old music has and isn't as good but I don't say that Bowling for Soup is the worst band in America, Elvis had hundreds of great songs and millions and millions of fans and was in like 12 movies cause he was so great and the movie industry knew that if a movie had elvis in it evey screaming fan would see if billions of times. are any bands you like ever going to be in movies? No. cause they aren't nearly as popular as Elvis and never will be. you can say that you do not like Elvis but you can not say that Elvis has no reason to have fans and that he was terrible at singing and writing songs.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

RazorClaw

I don't like Elvis much... I prefer Mojo Nixon to him.