The Peaceful People..

Started by Rejubi, January 12, 2005, 01:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rejubi

Hi. Just started a new clan. hoping to get alot of allies and dominate the place. The password is Peace .

wolf bite

Cool name of a clan, but saying that the peaceful clan will "dominate the place" sounds funny.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Gen. Volkov

LOL. Indeed. Though Peace Alliance manages it, and he's well, PEACE Alliance. So not exactly a new contradiction.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

Meh. Already have a clan.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

RazorClaw

Well, they can get kajillions of food and get 200M net each.  

Gen. Volkov

Yeah, but then I'd steal it all from them and get 1.2 billion net. So wheres the fun in that? LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

RazorClaw

If there were six. And then I'd sack you for yours and get 1,236,209,886 net.  

Gen. Volkov

And then I'd sack you back and grab your money too and build huge defenses with many troops. And have 1.5 billion net.

RazorClaw

And then I'd make 200M skiffs and sack and attack you and get 200K land AND 2B net and Goldmine and buy troops and get 100K guards and be ALMOST unbreakable. We need to form a partnership of some kind. (EDIT: Ooh, that sounded wierd... When I say "partnership" I mean like partners in crime) We're teh pwnzor at ruining topics and making them spamfests.

Death Eater

I'd join but I probably won't be able to resist sacking someone 21 times :D  
user posted image

Rejubi

Actually :) I dont want to dominate the world.I'm not even trying to win! Im just trying to stay alive... And keep low expenses!

Question:

For each Turns you spend scouting, you can get about 18 Acres of Land.

How do I raise that? I had 40 of that earlier..

RazorClaw

The more net you have, less land you gain. Scouting is quite unprofitable after getting below 10 acres per turn, and attacking is advisable as soon as you can break anyone. So, basically, you have to ditch the land you have to have the fun of seeing 40.  :P  

Peace Alliance

the more LAND you have, the less land you can scout for.

scouting becomes unprofitable as soon as you're out of protection. when you can spend two turns getting even just 200 acres, your makin more then you would be scouting.

If you truely want to be a peacefull clan, ask me, and i'll show you how to do the Vengence clan setup. Vengence is undisputably (at least i haven't had anyone dispute it yet) the perfect peacefull clan stratagy yet. When done properly, i managed to have a major slice of land, and have nobody attacking me because of my peacefull nature.

but that gets boring, slaughtering people is more fun  :D  

wolf bite

I don't know, I played reg once and did not attack anyone for 3 months, only scouted. And yes, it is the more land you have. So best to wait untill attacked and you land is low, then scout a little, then build markets, repeat.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

windhound

the Vengence idea /could/ work if the people in the game respected it, but it can also be overloaded, then it works worse than a normal strat...  if many people manage to break you 7 times each, but somone else steals their land, it messes you up rather bad...

nah, I just wouldnt attack more than 4x per horde if you want to be peaceful..  'cause scouting can just be a pain..
*shrugs*
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't