Started by Ereptor, January 04, 2005, 11:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ereptor

I had to do this to see what type of people i am playing with.... :P
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Gen. Volkov

It's not a question of good vs. evil. I don't even believe in those principles in the real world anyway. Its just a question of deference and fairness. Its not fair or polite to hit someone when their online. If they are obviously running turns, you shouldn't do it. It could totally mess a run up or even a strat. (Though a good strat should be able to recover) Besides, most are done within 10 or 15 minutes and its not that hard to wait. So online attacking is a deliberate attempt to mess someone up and any other excuse is bull.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Yellow Eyes

I think online attacking is fine. So, maybe you're trying to mess him up. Nothing wrong with that, and hey, if that person has land, and you need it, I'm not going to wait for him to get offline. And another thing. I could just leave my game up all the time, and I'd never get attacked, correct? Maybe that will be my new strat, the "Online Attack" Strat. w00t.  

Ashyra Nightwing

I don't like online attacking, I never attack anyone while they're online because I know how annoying it is.

RazorClaw

Quote from: Yellow EyesI think online attacking is fine. So, maybe you're trying to mess him up. Nothing wrong with that, and hey, if that person has land, and you need it, I'm not going to wait for him to get offline. And another thing. I could just leave my game up all the time, and I'd never get attacked, correct? Maybe that will be my new strat, the "Online Attack" Strat. w00t.
It's okay to online attack if they aren't running turns. Otherwise, I frown upon it other than in war, or provoked.  

Arguia Zsah

Quote from: RazorClawIt's okay to online attack if they aren't running turns. Otherwise, I frown upon it other than in war, or provoked.
I agree. Attacking people when they are using turn seriously micks them up, and it is not a good way to make friends little children.... tsk tsk

wolf bite

This is a game of how good a person does, not one to make others do bad.

Unless there is some past aggression between the people, On Line attacking a stranger is designed to harm then, not help yourself.

But lets get to the real questions:

1)   On line sacking someone, as you know they are taking turns, 21 times who has no past dealings with you, is that evil?

2)   On line capturing someone with only 7,000 land as they are taking turns, when there are much bigger targets with much more leaders, is that evil?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Nohcnonk

Very dirty if you do it when at war, but despicable is you're just doing it to do it.

Only okay if you know that they're out of turns, as in you ask or espy them.

Yellow Eyes

The way I see it, is thats how the game was ment to play. It's one of those obsticals of "rising to the top". And no matter what you guys think, it's one of those things that will never be "against the rules" and I'm still going to do it. Whether the person, or you all, like it.

windhound

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Deathclaw

It is a part of the game and doing it is fine.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Sonoras

With this poll, we can see who is good and who is evil. :lol:

missbehavin

I don't like it... think its kind of rude.
As a newb... this game takes some time to understand. So when I am trying to run my turns and someone is attacking me, it screws me up.
And I don't see how hard it is to wait a couple mins for the person to be done.
But then again... I'm a whiner.  
~Missbehavin'

Gen. Volkov

Yellow eyes... Deathclaw.... gah... For one thing.. you are automatically marked as offline if you are inactive for too long. And not waiting? What BS. Deliberately screwing someone over is just dumb its a waste of your resources and there's, because of COURSE they will counterattack.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

Online attacking is very bad if the empire you hit is actually running turns, unless your at war.

What I hate the most is people who sit online without running turns, then you hit em and you get accused of online hitting.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19